"A note from yahoo"

  • thesoundofyoungamerica
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
      I got this in my inbox today, has anyone else gotten one? Anyone know
      where they might be featuring it? I didn't know Yahoo featured
      podcasts anywhere, honestly.

      "To whom it may concern,

      Yahoo is planning on featuring your podcast this week on a Yahoo media
      property.

      We wanted to give you a heads up and give you the opportunity to opt
      out of this if you are concerned about receiving too much traffic from
      this mention.

      Unfortunately, we are unable to guess the exact amount of traffic that
      this mention will generate, but if you have bandwidth concerns and
      would rather not be featured, please let us know right away.

      Once up, our expectation that our customers will have easy access to
      your link for about one week.

      Thanks & regards,
      XXXXXXX
      Yahoo, Inc."

      Jesse
      The Sound of Young America
      http://www.maximumfun.org
    • GLSmyth
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
        Jesse -

        If you have bandwidth concerns then send them over to me. <g>

        Cheers -

        george

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "thesoundofyoungamerica"

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
          On 10/3/05, thesoundofyoungamerica <thesoundofyoungamerica@...> wrote:
          > I got this in my inbox today, has anyone else gotten one? Anyone know
          > where they might be featuring it? I didn't know Yahoo featured
          > podcasts anywhere, honestly.

          It could be something they're getting ready to launch. They've been
          beta testing Yahoo! audio search for some weeks now; they may try to
          open a new portal around it. Also, if you try to hit
          http://media.yahoo.com you get "do you yahoo?" and a redirect, which
          is different from the 404 you get if you try to hit a nonsense server.

          In any case, that's great news! Wherever they're featuring you, take
          it as a well-deserved ego boost. >8->

          http://www.escapepod.info
        • Judefan
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
            That's cool.
            No, nothing like that here but if you need a promo to play on your show
            just let me know.
            PDL

            --
            P.D. Love

            The LoveHouse Radio Podcast
            http://lovehouseradio.com
            subscribe at: http://lovehouseradio.libsyn.com/rss
            lovehouseradio@...

          • GLSmyth
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
              Jesse -

              Your promo gets played in the October 15 show.

              Just a note to everyone else - if you would like me to play your promo
              then just send it to EclecticMix@... and I will add you to the
              list. There is no requirement that you play my promo, though you
              certainly may (http://eclecticmix.com/Promo.mp3).

              Cheers -

              george