Images in Itunes

  • royaltrux27030
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
      Please check my feed and let me know what I'm glossing over. I've
      bounced my code against those that work and I can't the problem.

      For the longest time it wouldn't show up in gif form, so I changed it
      to jpg. Now it shows up in itunes as a pic of a broken link.

      Thanks in advance for any help.

      http://www.podcastrant.com/RSS/locals_only.xml
    • Peter Mezensky
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
        Feed Validator had some issues with your feed:
        http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podcastrant.com%2FRSS%2Flocals_only.xml

        the iTunes example site has the image tag like this '<itunes:image
        href="http://example.com/podcasts/everything/AllAboutEverything.jpg"
        />'

        They also do say on their site that it has to be in jpg or png to work.
        http://phobos.apple.com/static/iTunesRSS.html

        -peter

        On 10/2/05, royaltrux27030 <janus414@...> wrote:
        > Please check my feed and let me know what I'm glossing over. I've
        > bounced my code against those that work and I can't the problem.
        >
        > For the longest time it wouldn't show up in gif form, so I changed it
        > to jpg. Now it shows up in itunes as a pic of a broken link.
        >
        > Thanks in advance for any help.
        >
        > http://www.podcastrant.com/RSS/locals_only.xml
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Evo Terra
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
          royaltrux27030 wrote:
          > Please check my feed and let me know what I'm glossing over.
          > http://www.podcastrant.com/RSS/locals_only.xml

          Eventually, I'll have EVERYONE's feed clean. :)

          <channel> issue:

          <itunes:subtitle /> - Bad code. <itunes:subtitle>This is my
          subtitle</itunes:subtitle> is good code.

          Other than that, the code looks fairly clean to me. I'd give the broken
          chain image a week or so. My feeds went through something similar before
          they fixed themselves.

          E.
        • Judefan
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
            Hey Evo-
            loved the interview with Rob.
            Any suggestions on getting keywords changed on iTunes, while you are on a
            roll. Also, can you check out my feed, if you are feeling exceptionally
            crafty?
            http://lovehouseradio.libsyn.com/rss
            any suggestions are welcome.
            Thanks
            PDL

            --
            P.D. Love

            The LoveHouse Radio Podcast
            http://lovehouseradio.com
            subscribe at: http://lovehouseradio.libsyn.com/rss
            lovehouseradio@...

          • Evo Terra
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
              Judefan wrote:
              > Any suggestions on getting keywords changed on iTunes, while you are on a
              > roll.

              You're using Libsyn to control your feed. From the Settings > iTunes
              menu, add the keywords you want. I just searched on "nascar family" and
              only found your show. Also, you may want to look at that list of
              keywords and make sure you want hits on things as broad as you have them.

              > Also, can you check out my feed, if you are feeling exceptionally
              > crafty?
              > http://lovehouseradio.libsyn.com/rss

              Because you're using Libsyn, there isn't much you can do with your feed
              structure. Make sure you've got things filled out completely and
              accurately, and leave the rest to the boys!

              E.

              Evo Terra

              DragonPage.com | SliceofSciFi.com | Podiobooks.com
            • Judefan
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
                Thanks Evo- appreciate the suggestions and will put them to work.
                If you ever get free time and want to critique the cast itself I am all
                ears (well, they aren't that big but you get the idea).
                Thanks again
                PDL