Re: [podcasters] Digest Number 638 - WAS New Recorder

  • Unsigned Podcast/Paul
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2005
      --- Rich <rich@...> wrote:
      > On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 10:02 -0700, Unsigned
      > Podcast/Paul wrote:
      >
      > Sure.
      >
      > Just more opportunities to put some cool gear in
      > the signal path and
      > make your podcast sound great. :-)

      Which is exactly why I had gotten out of the audio
      industry in the first place;)

      Just when I thought that I was out, they pull me back
      in!!!

      Paul Puri
      Unsigned Podcast Network

      Skype:unsignedpodcast
      The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
      The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
      The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
      The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

      Promotion without shame.
      Podcasting Announcements
    • Rich
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2005
        On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 10:02 -0700, Unsigned Podcast/Paul wrote:

        It is bigger, no doubt. But I haven't found it to be an issue yet.

        From what I've seen, many Podcasts and Podcasters need to mix some
        other sound source into their Podcast in real time, anyway. This
        requires some sort of small mixer, and those will likely come with a few
        channels of mic-pre.

        For someone who just wants to hang a mic and record, it's true that
        the Masterlink is not the way to go.

        Rich...
        --
        Bloodthirsty Vegetarians Podcast, www.bloodyveg.com
        Eclectic ramblings in a sea of chaos

        > The drawback with the alesis unit is that it is very
        > large compared to the M-Audio unit. It is also not
        > battery powered and needs an external preamp for mics.
        > If you get a battery powered stereo mic, you can plug
        > it straight into the M-Audio and hit record.
        >

        > Paul Puri
        > Unsigned Podcast Network
      • Unsigned Podcast/Paul
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2005
          --- Rich <rich@...> wrote:
          > On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 10:02 -0700, Unsigned
          > Podcast/Paul wrote:
          >
          > It is bigger, no doubt. But I haven't found it to
          > be an issue yet.

          Don't get me wrong. I think it is one of the best
          products at it's price. The only issue I see is size
          when it comes to podcasters.

          Size does matter;)