Re: [podcasters] Digest Number 638

  • Unsigned Podcast/Paul
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2005
      --- Unsigned Podcast/Paul <prp6040@...> wrote:
      > At a rate of 16.5 gigs per minute, 24/96 will get
      > you
      > 121 minutes. More than enough for the average
      > podcaster if you record at it's highest quality. But
      > again, a pretty big investment for some.

      Oops,

      That would be 16.5mb per MINUTE. But the calcs are
      still right;)

      Paul Puri
      Unsigned Podcast Network

      Skype:unsignedpodcast
      The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
      The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
      The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
      The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

      Promotion without shame.
      Podcasting Announcements
    • Rich
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2005
        On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 10:02 -0700, Unsigned Podcast/Paul wrote:

        Sure.

        Just more opportunities to put some cool gear in the signal path and
        make your podcast sound great. :-)

        Rich...
        --
        Bloodthirsty Vegetarians Podcast, www.bloodyveg.com
        Eclectic ramblings in a sea of chaos

        > The drawback with the alesis unit is that it is very
        > large compared to the M-Audio unit. It is also not
        > battery powered and needs an external preamp for mics.
        > If you get a battery powered stereo mic, you can plug
        > it straight into the M-Audio and hit record.
        >

        > Paul Puri
        > Unsigned Podcast Network
      • Unsigned Podcast/Paul
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2005
          --- Rich <rich@...> wrote:
          > On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 10:02 -0700, Unsigned
          > Podcast/Paul wrote:
          >
          > Sure.
          >
          > Just more opportunities to put some cool gear in
          > the signal path and
          > make your podcast sound great. :-)

          Which is exactly why I had gotten out of the audio
          industry in the first place;)

          Just when I thought that I was out, they pull me back
          in!!!

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2005
            On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 10:02 -0700, Unsigned Podcast/Paul wrote:

            It is bigger, no doubt. But I haven't found it to be an issue yet.

            From what I've seen, many Podcasts and Podcasters need to mix some
            other sound source into their Podcast in real time, anyway. This
            requires some sort of small mixer, and those will likely come with a few
            channels of mic-pre.

            For someone who just wants to hang a mic and record, it's true that
            the Masterlink is not the way to go.

            Rich...
            --
            Bloodthirsty Vegetarians Podcast, www.bloodyveg.com
            Eclectic ramblings in a sea of chaos

            > The drawback with the alesis unit is that it is very
            > large compared to the M-Audio unit. It is also not
            > battery powered and needs an external preamp for mics.
            > If you get a battery powered stereo mic, you can plug
            > it straight into the M-Audio and hit record.
            >

            > Paul Puri
            > Unsigned Podcast Network
          • Unsigned Podcast/Paul
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2005
              --- Rich <rich@...> wrote:
              > On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 10:02 -0700, Unsigned
              > Podcast/Paul wrote:
              >
              > It is bigger, no doubt. But I haven't found it to
              > be an issue yet.

              Don't get me wrong. I think it is one of the best
              products at it's price. The only issue I see is size
              when it comes to podcasters.

              Size does matter;)