New recorder good for podcasters

  • Unsigned Podcast/Paul
    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 1, 2005
      http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MicroTrack2496-main.html

      New portable recorder.
      Thought some of you would be interested.

      Street price is $399.99

      Paul Puri
      Unsigned Podcast Network

      Skype:unsignedpodcast
      The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
      The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
      The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
      The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

      Promotion without shame.
      Podcasting Announcements
    • Rich
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 1, 2005
        On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 10:26 -0700, Unsigned Podcast/Paul wrote:

        That looks like a nice unit.

        Just be wary of white size compact flash card you will need, depending
        upon with which format you choose to record. PCM recording requires a
        lot of storage, as I'm sure most of you know. (I don't feel like doing
        the math). :-)

        Now something like that might be a little more worthy of those
        condenser mics everyone seems to covet.

        I have a friend who works for M-Audio. I'll ask him if he's had an
        opportunity to use one of these yet.

        Rich...
        --
        Bloodthirsty Vegetarians Podcast, www.bloodyveg.com
        Eclectic ramblings in a sea of chaos

        > http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MicroTrack2496-main.html
        >
        > New portable recorder.
        > Thought some of you would be interested.
        >
        > Street price is $399.99
        >
        > Paul Puri
        > Unsigned Podcast Network
      • Howard Harawitz
        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 2, 2005
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Rich <rich@c...> wrote:
          > On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 10:26 -0700, Unsigned Podcast/Paul wrote:
          >
          > That looks like a nice unit.
          >
          > Just be wary of white size compact flash card you will need,
          depending
          > upon with which format you choose to record. PCM recording
          requires a
          > lot of storage, as I'm sure most of you know. (I don't feel like
          doing
          > the math). :-)
          >
          > Now something like that might be a little more worthy of those
          > condenser mics everyone seems to covet.
          >
          > I have a friend who works for M-Audio. I'll ask him if he's had
          an
          > opportunity to use one of these yet.
          >
          > Rich...
          > --
          > Bloodthirsty Vegetarians Podcast, www.bloodyveg.com
          > Eclectic ramblings in a sea of chaos
          >
          > > http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MicroTrack2496-main.html
          > >
          > > New portable recorder.
          > > Thought some of you would be interested.
          > >
          > > Street price is $399.99
          > >
          > > Paul Puri
          > > Unsigned Podcast Network
        • Howard Harawitz
          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 2, 2005
            Sorry about that. For some reason my response disappeared. I got a
            funny message from Yahoo when I sent it. Oh, well...Here's what I
            said:

            If you are interested in a portable solid state recorder you might
            also want to look at the Roland R-1 -- about the same price as the M-
            audio device.
            < http://www.edirol.com/products/info/r1.html >

            There is an R-1 Email list on Yahoo and there has been some
            discussion about how the R-1 compares with the M-audio MicroTrack.

            Regards,

            Howard
            ====================================
            Checkout "Golden Ear" - a free podcast radio
            < http://brooklynnorth.com >

            RE:
            > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Rich <rich@c...> wrote:
            > > On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 10:26 -0700, Unsigned Podcast/Paul wrote:
            > >
            > > That looks like a nice unit.
            > >
            > > Just be wary of white size compact flash card you will need,
            > depending
            > > upon with which format you choose to record. PCM recording
            > requires a
            > > lot of storage, as I'm sure most of you know. (I don't feel
            like
            > doing
            > > the math). :-)
            > >
            > > Now something like that might be a little more worthy of those
            > > condenser mics everyone seems to covet.
            > >
            > > I have a friend who works for M-Audio. I'll ask him if he's
            had
            > an
            > > opportunity to use one of these yet.
            > >
            > > Rich...
            > > --
            > > Bloodthirsty Vegetarians Podcast, www.bloodyveg.com
            > > Eclectic ramblings in a sea of chaos
            > >
            > > > http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MicroTrack2496-main.html
            > > >
            > > > New portable recorder.
            > > > Thought some of you would be interested.
            > > >
            > > > Street price is $399.99
            > > >
            > > > Paul Puri
            > > > Unsigned Podcast Network
          • GLSmyth
            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 2, 2005
              No question, that is pretty cute.

              Cheers -

              george

              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Unsigned Podcast/Paul
              <prp6040@y...> wrote:
              > http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MicroTrack2496-main.html
              >
              > New portable recorder.
              > Thought some of you would be interested.
              >
              > Street price is $399.99
              >

              > Paul Puri
              > Unsigned Podcast Network
              >
              > Skype:unsignedpodcast
              > The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
              > The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
              > The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
              > The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast
              >
              > Promotion without shame.
              > Podcasting Announcements
            • Ryan Ozawa
              • ecomputerd
                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 3, 2005
                  Looks like the MicroTrack has 1/4" balanced inputs. You'll need
                  something like a pair of these: http://www.zzounds.com/item--
                  MONMSLCFX

                • Rich
                  Message 8 of 25 , Oct 3, 2005
                    On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 21:34 +0000, ecomputerd wrote:

                    Monster makes nice stuff, but there are better values out there.

                    Rich...

                    > Looks like the MicroTrack has 1/4" balanced inputs. You'll need
                    > something like a pair of these: http://www.zzounds.com/item--
                    > MONMSLCFX
                  • Rich
                    Message 9 of 25 , Oct 3, 2005
                      On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 10:54 -1000, Ryan Ozawa wrote:

                      There is a small price to pay for using balanced, pro audio gear. In
                      the case of those (SM?) 58's, you get a well made product, with balanced
                      XLR connectors.

                      From what I've seen in this group, people are mixing consumer grade
                      recording equipment, with stuff geared from the pro market.

                      The price tag for using pro gear is often more money, sometimes the
                      gear is bigger and heavier, but the quality is superior.

                      Going from XLR's (3 conductor) to consumer two conductor inputs
                      requires a special cable, but you are paying a price. You're
                      unbalancing the signal, and that means more RF interference.

                      Rich...

                      > > No question, that is pretty cute.
                      >
                      > No built-in mics, though. Interesting.
                      >
                      > Now that I've invested in Shure EM-58 mics with XLR plugs, I'm
                      > wondering what the best mobile recording rig for me would be. A
                      > Marantz (that has XLR jacks)? Something like this with a Griffin
                      > XLR-to-1/8" adapter/cable? Or, since the Shure's are so heavy, just
                      > stick with the little two-headed 1/8" mic my Olympus voice recorder
                      > came with... and I guess my Olympus voice recorder. <g>
                      >
                      > - --
                      > Ryan
                    • ecomputerd
                      Message 10 of 25 , Oct 3, 2005
                        Absolutely agree. But a few caveats:

                        Monster adaptors I linked to). I agree, it was the first I found
                        when I googled.

                        2) Balanced to Unbalanced transformers (sometimes called Baluns, I
                        think) do cost money,

                        But the inputs to the MicroTrack are BALANCED 1/4" TRS connectors.
                        So no bal->unbal conversion from a Balanced XLR signal coming from a
                        microphone is necessary. Many (most?) 1/4" plugs are unbalanced and
                        belong to "line-in" or "guitar" cords. I assume the MicroTrack uses
                        1/4" balanced to give quieter results with microphone inputs while
                        keeping the size down (by not using XLR jacks).

                        Read specs carefully, choose and test solutions, buy with advice
                        from experts on how to hook up your gear. Buy from those who help
                        you. Sometimes "local" can be less expensive this way.

                        Greg Smith

                        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Rich <rich@c...> wrote:
                        > On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 10:54 -1000, Ryan Ozawa wrote:
                        >
                        > There is a small price to pay for using balanced, pro audio
                        gear. In
                        > the case of those (SM?) 58's, you get a well made product, with
                        balanced
                        > XLR connectors.
                        >
                        > From what I've seen in this group, people are mixing consumer
                        grade
                        > recording equipment, with stuff geared from the pro market.
                        >
                        > The price tag for using pro gear is often more money, sometimes
                        the
                        > gear is bigger and heavier, but the quality is superior.
                        >
                        > Going from XLR's (3 conductor) to consumer two conductor inputs
                        > requires a special cable, but you are paying a price. You're
                        > unbalancing the signal, and that means more RF interference.
                        >
                        > Rich...
                        >

                        > > > No question, that is pretty cute.
                        > >
                        > > No built-in mics, though. Interesting.
                        > >
                        > > Now that I've invested in Shure EM-58 mics with XLR plugs, I'm
                        > > wondering what the best mobile recording rig for me would be. A
                        > > Marantz (that has XLR jacks)? Something like this with a Griffin
                        > > XLR-to-1/8" adapter/cable? Or, since the Shure's are so heavy,
                        just
                        > > stick with the little two-headed 1/8" mic my Olympus voice
                        recorder
                        > > came with... and I guess my Olympus voice recorder. <g>
                        > >
                        > > - --
                        > > Ryan
                      • Unsigned Podcast/Paul
                        Message 11 of 25 , Oct 3, 2005
                          --- Ryan Ozawa <ryanozawa@...> wrote:
                          > No built-in mics, though. Interesting.

                          It comes with an external stereo mic. Supposed to be
                          pretty decent.

                          > Now that I've invested in Shure EM-58 mics with XLR
                          > plugs, I'm
                          > wondering what the best mobile recording rig for me
                          > would be. A
                          > Marantz (that has XLR jacks)? Something like this
                          > with a Griffin
                          > XLR-to-1/8" adapter/cable? Or, since the Shure's
                          > are so heavy, just
                          > stick with the little two-headed 1/8" mic my Olympus
                          > voice recorder
                          > came with... and I guess my Olympus voice recorder.

                          EM58? Do you mean SM58?(typo?)

                          Message 12 of 25 , Oct 5, 2005
                            On 10/3/05, Unsigned Podcast/Paul <prp6040@...> wrote:
                            > It comes with an external stereo mic. Supposed to be
                            > pretty decent.

                            Reminds me of the ME-51S stereo mic that came with my Olympus DM-10
                            voice recorder. The weird thing is, you can't buy it separately. The
                            only place I've seen it is bundled with the recorder. Fortunately,
                            Sony seems to make a whole slew of similar 1/8" stereo mics.

                            > EM58? Do you mean SM58?(typo?)

                            Er, yes, that's the one. Sadly, the conversation that immediately
                            followed my Podcasting 101 question went way over my head. Balanced?
                            Two conductors? RF? Eep!

                            And here my next question was going to be, if the Microtrack has
                            separate 1/4" jacks for "L"eft and "R"ight, what happens if I did plug
                            my SM58 with a Monster XLR-to-1/4" cable into one. Do I get a mono
                            recording, or just one side?

                            Gotta go back to podcasting school. (Or the Podcast Academy! Heh.)

                            Ryan
                          • Rich
                            Message 13 of 25 , Oct 5, 2005
                              On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 21:10 -1000, Ryan Ozawa wrote:

                              > > EM58? Do you mean SM58?(typo?)
                              >
                              > Er, yes, that's the one. Sadly, the conversation that immediately
                              > followed my Podcasting 101 question went way over my head. Balanced?
                              > Two conductors? RF? Eep!

                              If you want an explanation of all of these things, I'll be glad to do
                              it.

                              > And here my next question was going to be, if the Microtrack has
                              > separate 1/4" jacks for "L"eft and "R"ight, what happens if I did plug
                              > my SM58 with a Monster XLR-to-1/4" cable into one. Do I get a mono
                              > recording, or just one side?

                              You get just one side. And that would be mono.

                              And as I said in a previous post. Monster makes good stuff, but there
                              are better values out there, so definitely shop around.

                              > Gotta go back to podcasting school. (Or the Podcast Academy! Heh.)

                              We'll help in any way we can.

                              Rich...
                              --
                              Bloodthirsty Vegetarians Podcast, www.bloodyveg.com
                              Eclectic ramblings in a sea of chaos
                            • Chris Cochran
                              Message 14 of 25 , Oct 5, 2005
                                I was at a local Guitar Center yesterday and asked about the M-Audio
                                recorder. The sales lady told me that these have been selling like crazy
                                and they only had one left in stock. The more research I do on them the
                                more I want one. The price seems a little high (by about $100) but has
                                anyone here used one of these? If so what did you think?

                                Chris Cochran
                                Seatown Podcasting
                                http://seatownusa.com
                                http://chriscochran.etumos.org

                                On 10/5/05 4:41 AM, "Rich" <rich@...> wrote:

                                > On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 21:10 -1000, Ryan Ozawa wrote:
                                >
                                >>> EM58? Do you mean SM58?(typo?)
                                >>
                                >> Er, yes, that's the one. Sadly, the conversation that immediately
                                >> followed my Podcasting 101 question went way over my head. Balanced?
                                >> Two conductors? RF? Eep!
                                >
                                > If you want an explanation of all of these things, I'll be glad to do
                                > it.
                                >
                                >> And here my next question was going to be, if the Microtrack has
                                >> separate 1/4" jacks for "L"eft and "R"ight, what happens if I did plug
                                >> my SM58 with a Monster XLR-to-1/4" cable into one. Do I get a mono
                                >> recording, or just one side?
                                >
                                > You get just one side. And that would be mono.
                                >
                                > And as I said in a previous post. Monster makes good stuff, but there
                                > are better values out there, so definitely shop around.
                                >
                                >> Gotta go back to podcasting school. (Or the Podcast Academy! Heh.)
                                >
                                > We'll help in any way we can.
                                >
                                > Rich...
                              • Chris Cochran
                                Message 15 of 25 , Oct 5, 2005
                                  Just thought of a question I have not seen addressed here in this group.

                                  Dowes anyone have a list or thoughts on what makes a good interview. What I
                                  am looking for is ways as a show host to refine my interviewing skills. So
                                  what do you guys think? What works well in a podcast interview and what
                                  does not work well?

                                  Thanks in advance,

                                  Chris Cochran
                                  Seatown Podcasting
                                  http://www.seatownusa.com
                                  http://chriscochran.etumos.org
                                • Peter Mezensky
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Oct 5, 2005
                                    Vox Monitor recently did a show on this subject:
                                    http://www.voxmonitor.com/?p=97

                                    On 10/5/05, Chris Cochran <christophercochran@...> wrote:
                                    > Just thought of a question I have not seen addressed here in this group.
                                    >
                                    > Dowes anyone have a list or thoughts on what makes a good interview. What I
                                    > am looking for is ways as a show host to refine my interviewing skills. So
                                    > what do you guys think? What works well in a podcast interview and what
                                    > does not work well?
                                    >
                                    > Thanks in advance,
                                    >
                                    > Chris Cochran
                                    > Seatown Podcasting
                                    > http://www.seatownusa.com
                                    > http://chriscochran.etumos.org
                                    >

                                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  • Paula Berinstein
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Oct 5, 2005
                                      I would offer the following, for starters:

                                      * Give your guest a copy of your proposed questions in advance so
                                      they can prepare. Obviously you won't stick to those questions
                                      exactly, but at least they and you will have some guidelines.
                                      Write more than you think you'll need so you don't run out.
                                      * Let your guests know what to expect ahead of time--in detail. Try
                                      to make them as comfortable as possible by being friendly and
                                      downplaying the stakes.
                                      * Try to think of odd angles on your subject--questions that others
                                      might not think to ask.
                                      * Try to ask open-ended questions rather than ones that can be
                                      answered by "Yes" or "No."
                                      * Scribble down follow-up questions while your guest is answering so
                                      you don't forget them.
                                      * Be sure to explain unfamiliar terms they use, or get them to do so.
                                      * Summarize and recap after long, complicated answers.
                                      * Ask "What if" questions. They can elicit very interesting answers.

                                      Paula

                                      Paula Berinstein
                                      The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
                                      http://www.writingshow.com

                                      > Just thought of a question I have not seen addressed here in this group.
                                      >
                                      > Dowes anyone have a list or thoughts on what makes a good interview.
                                      > What I
                                      > am looking for is ways as a show host to refine my interviewing
                                      > skills. So
                                      > what do you guys think? What works well in a podcast interview and what
                                      > does not work well?
                                      >
                                      > Thanks in advance,
                                      >
                                      > Chris Cochran
                                      > Seatown Podcasting
                                      > http://www.seatownusa.com
                                      > http://chriscochran.etumos.org

                                    • Jesse Thorn
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Oct 5, 2005
                                        Great to see some interest in discussing content on the list.

                                        Check out the This American Life comic book for some great interviewing
                                        insights. Also, stop by transom.org. There's a lot of great info
                                        there.

                                        I would reccomend that you not pre-write questions, though it's a great
                                        idea to make a list or outline of the topics you'd like to cover.
                                        Always ask open ended questions, and shoot for questions that could
                                        elicit a great story. Don't be afraid to have fun.

                                        And probably the one interviewing tip that has saved me the most times
                                        is from (iirc) Scott Simon in the TAL comic: when in doubt, you can
                                        always rely on the question, "What did you think it was going to be
                                        like, and how did it turn out being?"

                                        Jesse
                                        The Sound of Young America
                                        http://www.maximumfun.org
                                      • robert
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Oct 5, 2005
                                          Chris,

                                          As we are doing a podcast - it means we are time shifting - so you
                                          can go back and edit.

                                          This means you can be more free flowing with the interview if you are
                                          willing to edit.

                                          I would suggest you not write or read anything when your guest is
                                          talking - pay attention to what they are saying and let them finish
                                          talking. Don't worry about dead air - as a matter of fact using dead
                                          air is a good way to keep them talking. That said be ready to jump
                                          in with a "I want to change the subject" question if you think your
                                          guest is going off on some wild tangent or is self promoting way to
                                          much.

                                          I have interviewed a really wide range of people - from Presidential
                                          Candidates to Wall Street Journal Reporters to a guy that has not let
                                          his wife know he is podcasting - and the most important thing in an
                                          interview in my mind - is to research the person / subject you are
                                          going to interview and have a few questions / comments ready that
                                          shows them you have taken the time to do research before the interview.

                                          And finally at the end - give them the opportunity to talk about
                                          anything you may not have covered in the interview. No mater how
                                          out of place it may be at that point in the interview, with good
                                          editing you can always move it back earlier in the interview and make
                                          it fit.

                                          That is just some of my advice to go with what others have already said.

                                          Rob W
                                          podCast411

                                          www.podcast411.com

                                          On Oct 5, 2005, at 3:12 PM, Chris Cochran wrote:

                                          > Just thought of a question I have not seen addressed here in this
                                          > group.
                                          >
                                          > Dowes anyone have a list or thoughts on what makes a good
                                          > interview. What I
                                          > am looking for is ways as a show host to refine my interviewing
                                          > skills. So
                                          > what do you guys think? What works well in a podcast interview and
                                          > what
                                          > does not work well?
                                          >
                                          > Thanks in advance,
                                          >
                                          > Chris Cochran
                                          > Seatown Podcasting
                                          > http://www.seatownusa.com
                                          > http://chriscochran.etumos.org

                                          > ~-->
                                          > Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!
                                          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

                                        • Paula Berinstein
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Oct 5, 2005
                                            Yes, research ahead of time. You can ask much better questions and
                                            follow up more effectively that way. Your guests will appreciate it too.

                                            I also second Rob's advice to edit and ask if they'd like to add
                                            anything you haven't asked about.

                                            Paula

                                          • Carl D Cravens
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Oct 5, 2005
                                              On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Jesse Thorn wrote:

                                              > Always ask open ended questions, and shoot for questions that could
                                              > elicit a great story.

                                              Good advice.

                                              In a recent interview I heard, the interviewer kept trying to sound
                                              like he knew something, so he kept making statements about his own
                                              experience and then (essentially) asking the interviewee to agree...
                                              and the interviewee kept having to contradict him.

                                              With rare exception, I don't want to hear about the *interviewer's*
                                              experiences. I assume they are interviewing the guest because we want
                                              to know about the *guest's* experiences.

                                              I've listened to a lot of episodes of "Speaking of Faith," (a radio
                                              program, not a podcast) which interviews people from various religions
                                              (primarily "religions of the book"... she doesn't get into New Age
                                              type stuff much). But I'd be hard pressed to tell you the hostess'
                                              religious views. In some interviews, you know she has to disagree
                                              with her guest... but it never comes out. What comes out is the guest
                                              freely talking about his or her own beliefs, and never having to
                                              disagree with what might sound like the hostess' beliefs.

                                              If she does reference her own experience, it's usually in a vague way,
                                              and only to set up another question that focuses on the guest, not on
                                              herself.

                                              I'm sure there are situations in which the host can identify with the
                                              guest and set up a rapport in which they can talk on a more "personal"
                                              level... I felt that she did that with one of her guests in an episode
                                              about 12-step groups, I think it was. Even then, it always focused on
                                              the guest and his experiences. If she talked about her experiences,
                                              it was only to draw out more response from the guest.

                                              --
                                              Carl D Cravens (raven@...)
                                              "I'm wearing Boots of Escaping, I'm wearing Boots of Escaping..."
                                              • Unsigned Podcast/Paul
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Oct 6, 2005
                                                  wrote:
                                                  > I was at a local Guitar Center yesterday and asked
                                                  > about the M-Audio
                                                  > recorder. The sales lady told me that these have
                                                  > been selling like crazy
                                                  > and they only had one left in stock. The more
                                                  > research I do on them the
                                                  > more I want one. The price seems a little high (by
                                                  > about $100) but has
                                                  > anyone here used one of these? If so what did you
                                                  > think?

                                                  I'm going to do a review of one next week in my first
                                                  hardware review podcast. The show will be recorded
                                                  exclusively on it with it's included mic.

                                                  I will also arrange a special price for podcasters. So
                                                  if anyone is interested, let me know. The more people
                                                  that are interested, the better the price most likely.

                                                  Paul Puri
                                                  Unsigned Podcast Network

                                                  Skype:unsignedpodcast
                                                  The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
                                                  The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
                                                  The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
                                                  The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

                                                  Promotion without shame.
                                                  Podcasting Announcements
                                                • hipodcast
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Oct 6, 2005
                                                    used it for about a month now. Seems to be a nice size and the
                                                    storage is great. Can't get past the harshness of the digital sound,
                                                    but it seems tape is going to the side. Can't seem to match the
                                                    sound of tape. Microdrive is hissless. overall a nice concept.

                                                    <prp6040@y...> wrote:
                                                    > --- Chris Cochran <christophercochran@g...>
                                                    > wrote:
                                                    > > I was at a local Guitar Center yesterday and asked
                                                    > > about the M-Audio
                                                    > > recorder. The sales lady told me that these have
                                                    > > been selling like crazy
                                                    > > and they only had one left in stock. The more
                                                    > > research I do on them the
                                                    > > more I want one. The price seems a little high (by
                                                    > > about $100) but has
                                                    > > anyone here used one of these? If so what did you
                                                    > > think?
                                                    >
                                                    > I'm going to do a review of one next week in my first
                                                    > hardware review podcast. The show will be recorded
                                                    > exclusively on it with it's included mic.
                                                    >
                                                    > I will also arrange a special price for podcasters. So
                                                    > if anyone is interested, let me know. The more people
                                                    > that are interested, the better the price most likely.
                                                    >

                                                    > Paul Puri
                                                    > Unsigned Podcast Network
                                                    >
                                                    > Skype:unsignedpodcast
                                                    > The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
                                                    > The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
                                                    > The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
                                                    > The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast
                                                    >
                                                    > Promotion without shame.
                                                    > Podcasting Announcements
                                                  • Rich
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Oct 6, 2005
                                                      On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 23:17 +0000, hipodcast wrote:

                                                      Did you do once your Podcast on analog tape?

                                                      I'm an analog guy through and through, but I didn't know anyone was
                                                      doing that.

                                                      I agree that digital used to be harsh when it was 12-bit, and when
                                                      converters sucked, but now even 16-bit digital sounds fine to me.

                                                      Maybe that particular unit doesn't have good A/D converters.

                                                      Rich...