Re: [podcasters] Re: Planning on being in LA for the podcasting expo?

  • Matthew Wayne Selznick
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27 12:03 PM
      > The question for me is whether I can pitch free tickets to the
      > festival organizers for podcasters with small audiences. In that
      > case, I have to be able to make a case that it's worthwhile to the
      > Fest people, who are used to dealing with traditional media.

      Ah -- I see. That's the rub, and, as I see it, our challenge: getting
      the dinosaur media to understand the new paradigm. Traditional
      advertisers and marketers are so used to the blanket approach, they
      sometimes don't understand the value podcasts have when it comes to
      targeting.

      > So, if anyone's out there, I'm down to help you however I can. I
      > know how difficult it can be to get on the radar of publicists, etc,
      > for small-scale media.

      Bravo... see you around the Expo!

      --
      Matthew Wayne Selznick