itunes

  • JM Campbell
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 20, 2005
      Whom do I have to kill/pay/blow to get my podcast listed in itunes,
      it's been well past 2 months now......

      -Geek4x4 - Get Your Brain in Gear
      http://geek4x4.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 20, 2005
        On 9/20/05, JM Campbell <geek4x4@...> wrote:
        > Whom do I have to kill/pay/blow to get my podcast listed in itunes,
        > it's been well past 2 months now......

        Whoever it is, when you find the person, I strongly suggest you
        reconsider the order of those activities. >8->

        http://www.escapepod.info
      • Peter Mezensky
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 20, 2005
          I'm in the same boat. I emailed Apple last week through their support
          page to ask them why I hadn't been listed and after 3-4 days I finally
          got a form letter saying absolutely nothing.
          I submitted my podcast to Apple the same time as I did most of the
          others -podcastalley.com, ipodder.org, everypodcast.com,
          allpodcasts.com, podcastpickle.com, etc, etc, etc and I have been
          listed in every directory except Apple's.
          I don't understand why such a large company that is so committed to
          podcasting right now would have such a backlog of submissions.

          On 9/20/05, JM Campbell <geek4x4@...> wrote:
          > Whom do I have to kill/pay/blow to get my podcast listed in itunes,
          > it's been well past 2 months now......
          >

          > -Geek4x4 - Get Your Brain in Gear
          > http://geek4x4.com
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Paula Berinstein
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 20, 2005
            Are you guys sure your feeds are okay and that you went through the
            submission process correctly? My show was listed very shortly after I
            submitted it at the end of August. Okay, I'm female, but I swear I
            didn't do any of the things you mention. <g>

            Paula Berinstein
            The Writing Show
            http://www.writingshow.com

            > I'm in the same boat. I emailed Apple last week through their support
            > page to ask them why I hadn't been listed and after 3-4 days I finally
            > got a form letter saying absolutely nothing.
            > I submitted my podcast to Apple the same time as I did most of the
            > others -podcastalley.com, ipodder.org, everypodcast.com,
            > allpodcasts.com, podcastpickle.com, etc, etc, etc and I have been
            > listed in every directory except Apple's.
            > I don't understand why such a large company that is so committed to
            > podcasting right now would have such a backlog of submissions.
            >
            > On 9/20/05, JM Campbell <geek4x4@...> wrote:
            > > Whom do I have to kill/pay/blow to get my podcast listed in itunes,
            > > it's been well past 2 months now......
            > >

            > > -Geek4x4 - Get Your Brain in Gear
            > > http://geek4x4.com

          • Peter Mezensky
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 20, 2005
              I verified my source feed through feedvalidator.org and then that feed
              gets prettied up via feedburner.com so I have felt pretty sure that
              everything fits iTunes specifications but if anyone wants to take a
              look I would appreciate it greatly.

              My source feed is: http://www.musicnerve.com/podcasts/fb_podcast.xml
              My feedburner URL is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/musicnerve_podcast

              The URL I submitted to iTunes is
              http://www.musicnerve.com/podcasts/podcast.xml which redirects to the
              feedburner URL. I am wondering if that might be an issue after all.
              Has anyone out there used this redirect technique at the time of
              iTunes submission and been accepted?
              peter

              On 9/20/05, Paula Berinstein <pberinstein@...> wrote:
              > Are you guys sure your feeds are okay and that you went through the
              > submission process correctly? My show was listed very shortly after I
              > submitted it at the end of August. Okay, I'm female, but I swear I
              > didn't do any of the things you mention. <g>
              >
              > Paula Berinstein
              > The Writing Show
              > http://www.writingshow.com
              >
              > > I'm in the same boat. I emailed Apple last week through their support
              > > page to ask them why I hadn't been listed and after 3-4 days I finally
              > > got a form letter saying absolutely nothing.
              > > I submitted my podcast to Apple the same time as I did most of the
              > > others -podcastalley.com, ipodder.org, everypodcast.com,
              > > allpodcasts.com, podcastpickle.com, etc, etc, etc and I have been
              > > listed in every directory except Apple's.
              > > I don't understand why such a large company that is so committed to
              > > podcasting right now would have such a backlog of submissions.
              > >
              > > On 9/20/05, JM Campbell <geek4x4@...> wrote:
              > > > Whom do I have to kill/pay/blow to get my podcast listed in itunes,
              > > > it's been well past 2 months now......
              > > >

              > > > -Geek4x4 - Get Your Brain in Gear
              > > > http://geek4x4.com
              > > >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Ilan Volow
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 20, 2005
                Okay, here's a suggestion. I don't know if it will help, though it
                probably couldn't hurt and maybe it will turn on some magic lightbulb
                at Apple that makes your podcast appear on iTunes.

                -- Add a <pubDate> tag to the channel
                -- Add <itunes:subtitle> tags to your rss items, and put between them
                the same content that's in the item's <title> tags
                -- Add <itunes:summary> tags to your rss items, and put between them
                the same content that's in the item's <description> tags

                On Sep 20, 2005, at 3:56 AM, JM Campbell wrote:

                > Whom do I have to kill/pay/blow to get my podcast listed in itunes,
                > it's been well past 2 months now......
                >

                > -Geek4x4 - Get Your Brain in Gear
                > http://geek4x4.com

                > ~-->
                > Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!
                > http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

              • Patrick Melton
                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 20, 2005
                  Nothing in your feed has anything to do with you getting listed. As long as
                  it’s valid RSS it can be listed.

                  No one is kept out for missing tags or anything like that.

                  Okay, here's a suggestion. I don't know if it will help, though it
                  probably couldn't hurt and maybe it will turn on some magic lightbulb
                  at Apple that makes your podcast appear on iTunes.

                  -- Add a <pubDate> tag to the channel
                  -- Add <itunes:subtitle> tags to your rss items, and put between them
                  the same content that's in the item's <title> tags
                  -- Add <itunes:summary> tags to your rss items, and put between them
                  the same content that's in the item's <description> tags

                  On Sep 20, 2005, at 3:56 AM, JM Campbell wrote:

                  > Whom do I have to kill/pay/blow to get my podcast listed in itunes,
                  > it's been well past 2 months now......
                  >

                  > -Geek4x4 - Get Your Brain in Gear
                  > http://geek4x4.com

                  > ~-->
                  > Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!
                  > http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

                • Eric Rice
                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 20, 2005
                    I'm having the same problem with KSSX music shows.
                    http://blog.ericrice.com/blog/_archives/2005/9/18/1237587.html

                    Most submissions we make appear in iTunes overnight-- audio and video podcasts alike.
                    But not music.

                    ER
                    http://ericrice.com

                    --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Eley <SFEley@g...> wrote:
                    > On 9/20/05, JM Campbell <geek4x4@g...> wrote:
                    > > Whom do I have to kill/pay/blow to get my podcast listed in itunes,
                    > > it's been well past 2 months now......
                    >
                    > Whoever it is, when you find the person, I strongly suggest you
                    > reconsider the order of those activities. >8->
                    >

                    > --
                    > Have Fun,
                    > Steve Eley (sfeley@g...)
                    > http://www.escapepod.info
                  • Judefan
                    Message 9 of 20 , Sep 20, 2005
                      Mine went through very quickly too (sorry, I know that doesn't help).
                      P.D. Love
                      lovehouseradio.com <http://lovehouseradio.com>
                      lovehouseradio.libsy.com/rss <http://lovehouseradio.libsy.com/rss>

                      --
                      http://lovehouseradio.com
                      subscribe at: http://lovehouseradio.libsyn.com/rss

                    • Judefan
                      Message 10 of 20 , Sep 20, 2005
                        Hmm- could the Record Industry be behind this???
                        P.D. Love
                        LoveHouseRadio.com
                        lovehouseradio.libsyn.com/rss <http://lovehouseradio.libsyn.com/rss>

                        Message 11 of 20 , Sep 20, 2005
                          Actually, they do spit back at you if you try and submit an *empty* RSS feed. Other than
                          that, Patrick's right.

                          ER

                          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Melton" <me@p...> wrote:
                          > Nothing in your feed has anything to do with you getting listed. As long as
                          > it's valid RSS it can be listed.
                          >
                          > No one is kept out for missing tags or anything like that.

                        • GLSmyth
                          Message 12 of 20 , Sep 21, 2005
                            Eric -

                            You are correct. I have been documenting my trials here:
                            http://eclecticmix.com/iTunes.htm. I got an email from Apple this
                            morning that says that they are sending my problem to their
                            "Engineers," so I have no idea what that means or what will come of it.

                            Cheers -

                            george

                            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Rice" <eric@e...> wrote:
                            > I'm having the same problem with KSSX music shows.
                            > http://blog.ericrice.com/blog/_archives/2005/9/18/1237587.html
                            >
                            > Most submissions we make appear in iTunes overnight-- audio and
                            video podcasts alike.
                            > But not music.
                            >
                            > ER
                            > http://ericrice.com
                            >

                            > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Eley <SFEley@g...> wrote:
                            > > On 9/20/05, JM Campbell <geek4x4@g...> wrote:
                            > > > Whom do I have to kill/pay/blow to get my podcast listed in itunes,
                            > > > it's been well past 2 months now......
                            > >
                            > > Whoever it is, when you find the person, I strongly suggest you
                            > > reconsider the order of those activities. >8->
                            > >

                            > > --
                            > > Have Fun,
                            > > Steve Eley (sfeley@g...)
                            > > ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine
                            > > http://www.escapepod.info
                          • Portland Jazz Jams
                            Message 13 of 20 , Sep 22, 2005
                              My iTunes feed has never had a problem. But today two people said they
                              can't find it on iTunes. I checked from my computer and did a search,
                              and it shows up fine.

                              I don't see how it can show up for me and not others.

                              Is anyone else having similar problems? I had a slight issue with the
                              account at Libsyn not being paid for a few days, but they said it was
                              all available for 30 days so that shouldn't have been an issue.

                              Can some people please check on iTunes by searching for our show with
                              the terms:

                              jazz
                              jazz jam
                              Portland
                              Portland Jazz

                              the show is called the Portlandjazzjams.com Podshow. The Libsyn Direct
                              page is here:

                              http://portlandjazzjams.libsyn.com/

                              thanks in advance

                              -d
                            • Mike OConnor
                              Message 14 of 20 , Sep 22, 2005
                                --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Portland Jazz Jams
                                <listreader@p...> wrote:
                                > My iTunes feed has never had a problem. But today two people said they
                                > can't find it on iTunes. I checked from my computer and did a search,
                                > and it shows up fine.

                                the search engine in iTunes has been blinking back and forth between
                                two states for the last week or so. right now, at this instant, your
                                show (and mine, Sex and Podcasting) don't show up. i've found that if
                                i wait 12 hours and check again, it's back to normal.

                                i have a theory (it's close to "rearrange the chicken bones and spin
                                around 3 times")... i think they are trying to integrate the two
                                search engines that they use (the one that appears on in the left-side
                                menu when you're in the "podcasts" section and only searches podcasts,
                                and the main one which appears all the time in the very top right
                                corner and which covers the whole music store).

                                the two search engines are returning the same results, again right at
                                this minute. when they do, my podcast doesn't show up, along with
                                most of my usual companions in the results for "sex" (like
                                Soccergirl). if you look at the results sorted by Relevance, you'll
                                only see 3-5 listings with high relevance right now, and the rest are
                                very low. whereas when the search engine is in the "other" state
                                (where i can see my podcast), there are usually 20 or so listings with
                                high to moderate relevance in the results.

                                it's not that we're gone -- i still show up in the Top 100, and i'm
                                still in the listings by Category. it's just search that's goofy.

                                anybody got a pipeline into the iTunes borg who could check this out?
                              • Judefan
                                Message 15 of 20 , Sep 22, 2005
                                  Interesting- I wonder if this is one of the stability issues that they are
                                  fixing?
                                  Anyone know how to modify your key words for iTunes? Expand, change, etc.
                                  My podcast has moved more into playing music so I wanted to adjust my
                                  keywords to show that but didn't know if anyone had some quick suggestions.

                                  --
                                  P.D. Love

                                  The LoveHouse Radio Podcast
                                  http://lovehouseradio.com
                                  subscribe at: http://lovehouseradio.libsyn.com/rss
                                  lovehouseradio@...

                                • Evo Terra
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Sep 22, 2005
                                    (I know I'm late to the party. But I figure others might wanna know this...)

                                    JM Campbell wrote:
                                    > Whom do I have to kill/pay/blow to get my podcast listed in itunes,
                                    > it's been well past 2 months now......

                                    JM,

                                    While that may work, you might want to consider fixing some problems
                                    with your feed:

                                    1) <itunes:image> is not a tag. I think you're trying to do <itunes:link
                                    > where you are declaring an image. Look at my feed for an example.

                                    2) There is no <pubDate> in your channel. And when you use it in your
                                    <item>, you aren't doing your GMT declaration properly. Again, use my
                                    feed as an example.

                                    3) None of your <items> have any iTunes-specific tags.

                                    4) It's likely freaking out of your CDATA content inside of your
                                    <description> tag. While it's valid RSS to put in CDATA there, not all
                                    catchers can handle it. Use the <content:encoded> tag for CDATA, and
                                    make sure your <description> is nothing but XML-encoded text.

                                    And even if this doesn't help you get listed faster, it never hurts to
                                    have it more perfect, right? ;)

                                    E.

                                    Evo Terra

                                    DragonPage.com | SliceofSciFi.com | Podiobooks.com
                                  • Lynda
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Aug 17, 2012
                                      I apologize if this is an inappropriate question for this loop [since it isn't specifically about podcasts], or if it's already been answered.

                                      I want to sell my 7 guided imagery recordings on itunes.

                                      Is there a direct way to do that on itunes?

                                      Thanks so much for any help.

                                      Lynda
                                    • Shawn Thorpe
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Aug 17, 2012
                                        You'll need to connect with a digital distribution service if you want to sell things via iTunes. CDBaby and TuneCore are popular for music/audio producers. Not sure what all in included in your "guided imagery tours," but these companies may be a good place to start.

                                        -Shawn Thorpe
                                        http://shawn.mx/
                                        http://geminidragon.tv/

                                        On Aug 17, 2012, at 7:30 AM, Lynda wrote:

                                        > I apologize if this is an inappropriate question for this loop [since it isn't specifically about podcasts], or if it's already been answered.
                                        >
                                        > I want to sell my 7 guided imagery recordings on itunes.
                                        >
                                        > Is there a direct way to do that on itunes?
                                        >
                                        > Thanks so much for any help.
                                        >
                                        > Lynda

                                      • Cm Ross
                                        Message 19 of 20 , May 15, 2015
                                          Hello,

                                          Has anybody submitted their podcasts to iTunes?

                                          Do you just give your main website address to them?

                                          What I did was upload my podcasts to spreaker, and then paste the spreaker links on my main website.

                                          Thanks,
                                          Christine Ross

                                          www.thethunderinglegion.com
                                        • Douglas E. Welch