Podcasting Hacks O'Reilly book

  • timbearcub
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
      Just got my complementary copy of Jack Herrington's Podcasting Hacks
      and it looks really good - and I'm chuffed to get my name in print at
      last! (Well only one little hack on making mashups, but it pleases me :-D

      The nature of these things is you just work on your bit, but I didn't
      know that such contributors were Craig Pratchett, Brian Ibbott,
      Michael Geohegan and Phil Torrone (maybe the last one wasn't so much
      of a surprise ;-) and loads of others (Jay Allison rings a bell too)
      were involved...even got a forward from Dan Gillmor. It seems a real
      community effort actually. I can't actually work out why I'm there LOL.

      Looks pretty good actually...(no they are not paying me. Actually I
      had to do the work...hold on...they should be paying me for this! :-P)
      I'm just chuffed that it's out - gonna read it on my trip to USA.

      Tim
    • thesoundofyoungamerica
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "timbearcub" <tim@t...> wrote:
        (Jay Allison rings a bell too)

        Jay Allison (presuming it's the same Jay Allison) is one of the public
        radio world's top independent producers. His work is often heard on
        the NPR news shows and This American Life.

        Jesse
        The Sound of Young America
        http://www.splangy.com/radio/
      • Harold Johnson
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
          Yeah, I've read a few of Jay's articles on Transom.org <http://Transom.org>,
          a really helpful site for anyone interested in producing audio. Originally
          intended for public radio producers, most of the site's content can be
          applied to podcasters as well.

          Harold J. Johnson
          Tempo of the Down
          Podcasting downtempo to Earth