RE: [podcasters] Red Cross Banners

  • Patrick Melton
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
      How stupid is it of them to make you submit to an agreement in order to get
      banners to solicit relief aid?

      Very productive Red Cross. Good job.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
        On 9/1/05, C.C. Chapman <cc@...> wrote:
        > I just saw this page and thought I'd share since I know so many members of
        > the Podcasting community are trying to assist with the relief effort.
        >
        > http://www.redcross.org/psa/bannerorder/all/

        Page isn't loading for me; the Red Cross site must be getting slammed.
        I made my own icon last night just by grabbing the main Red Cross
        page banner and cropping out the cross and name.

        For the next week, Escape Pod is closed to donations; I'm urging all
        of my listeners to send their money to the Red Cross instead. I've
        taken down my PayPal link and substituted the Red Cross link.
        Skepticality is doing the same. I'd like to recommend this idea to
        all of you who regularly take donations, for whatever time period you
        feel is appropriate. There are people right now who need the money
        more than you do, and you have uncommon influence to persuade your
        listeners to give.

        ESCAPE POD - the SF podcast magazine
        http://escape.extraneous.org
      • Clinton Meyer
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
          Thank you. Will install these on numerous sites.
          www.manited.net

          Clinton Meyer

          >I just saw this page and thought I'd share since I know so many members of
          > the Podcasting community are trying to assist with the relief effort.
          >
          > http://www.redcross.org/psa/bannerorder/all/
          >

          > C.C. Chapman
          > Host & Producer, Accident Hash <http://www.accidenthash.com/>
          > Manager, Podshow Podsafe <http://www.podsafemusicnetwork.com/> Music
          > Network

        • GLSmyth
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "C.C. Chapman" <cc@r...> wrote:
            > I just saw this page and thought I'd share since I know so many
            members of
            > the Podcasting community are trying to assist with the relief effort.
            >
            > http://www.redcross.org/psa/bannerorder/all/
            >

            > C.C. Chapman
            > Host & Producer, Accident Hash <http://www.accidenthash.com/>
            > Manager, Podshow Podsafe <http://www.podsafemusicnetwork.com/> Music
            > Network

            C.C. -

            Thanks for the link. I have three websites and will post on them. I
            would also note that there are other organizations helping with this
            tragedy, and a listing can be found at
            http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/animal_environ/hurricanes/?source=YAHOO&cmpgn=NEWS.

            Cheers -

            george
          • C.C. Chapman
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
              That is an amazing page. Thank you for sharing!!

              C.C. Chapman

              Host & Producer, Accident <http://www.accidenthash.com/> Hash

              _____

              > I just saw this page and thought I'd share since I know so many
              members of
              > the Podcasting community are trying to assist with the relief effort.
              >
              > http://www.redcross.org/psa/bannerorder/all/
              >

              > C.C. Chapman
              > Host & Producer, Accident Hash <http://www.accidenthash.com/>
              > Manager, Podshow Podsafe <http://www.podsafemusicnetwork.com/> Music
              > Network

              C.C. -

              Thanks for the link. I have three websites and will post on them. I
              would also note that there are other organizations helping with this
              tragedy, and a listing can be found at
              http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/animal_environ/hurricanes/?source=YAHOO
              <http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/animal_environ/hurricanes/?source=YAHO
              O&cmpgn=NEWS.> &cmpgn=NEWS.