Re: [podcasters] Re: Mobile Podcasting using the Edirol R1 portable recorder

  • Ron Jeffries
    Message 1 of 52 , Sep 1, 2005
      On Thursday, September 1, 2005, at 12:12:22 AM, paul wrote:

      > --- Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
      >> Thanks ... I see no point to the mixer myself, as it looks like I
      >> can do most things in post, though I would like it if I could
      >> just set and forget the EQ and balance.

      > Exactly. You have what you have, so use it. The iriver
      > aint a bad little device for what it can do. Should of
      > bought one myself. I just hit record, and let the
      > tools I have do their respective tasks.

      > The right tool for the right job. You need
      > portability, ease of use, functionality, and quality
      > in one box. And you already know your options there.

      > The recording equipment industry has not caught on to
      > podcasting yet, but they are aware of it. I have
      > already spoken to one company about a podcasters
      > needs, and hope something will come of it. It takes
      > quite some time to research, develop, and create a new
      > product, so we have to use what they have right now.

      > Hope this helps.

      Yes ... I appreciate your insights and straight shooting. I try to
      do that in my own realm. And I also appreciate the value of your
      "big picture" and your willingness to roam around in the space of
      what one might do. I try to do that as well.

      Thanks,

      Ron Jeffries
      www.XProgramming.com
      He who will not apply new remedies must expect old evils. -- Francis Bacon
    • Ron Jeffries
      Message 52 of 52 , Sep 1, 2005
        On Thursday, September 1, 2005, at 1:53:58 AM, Chris Cochran wrote:

        > Tascam has a couple of portable recorders Pocket Studio they are called.
        > They will do all that you want them to and to it in MP3 format. They
        > discontinued a couple that are really nice and can be had for less than $300
        > on line. The one I use even has a built in mixer, limiter, etc. It will
        > take line level, if you use a DI box or transducers. It sounds like what
        > you are looking for.

        I did check them out and they look cool. It appears that TASCAM has
        abandoned that market. Not that it matters, if the recorders work
        well, I guess it doesn't matter but I do wonder ...

        Ron Jeffries
        www.XProgramming.com
        The model that really matters is the one that people have in
        their minds. All other models and documentation exist only to
        get the right model into the right mind at the right time.
        -- Paul Oldfield