Re: [podcasters] Podcasting to your cell phone's voicemail bo

  • paul
    Message 1 of 39 , Aug 31, 2005
      What about movie review podcasts. Music reviews. News,
      commentary. Tech podcasts. There are many options. Yes
      you can download them for free, but you don't have 24
      hour access to the internet. And if companies like
      Verizon have their way, free wifi will be illegal, so
      you will have no choice but to use your cell to access
      these things on the go, or subscribe to a wifi
      service.

      Either way, your gonna pay. Maybe podcasters can get
      some of the money this time around;)

      Paul Puri
      Unsigned Podcast Network

      Skype:unsignedpodcast
      The site: http://www.unsignedpodcast.com/
      The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
      The feed: http://www.unsignedpodcast.com/podcast.php
      The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

      Promotion without shame.
      Podcasting Announcements
    • Jimmy
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 1, 2005
        > I am a Verizon customer and let me tell you that they (one of the
        largest in
        > the country) are doing just the opposite. EVERY new phone they
        offer has
        > abilities that they disable. They have a model where you have to
        hack your
        > phone to add a ring tone that you make yourself!

        Yeah, this is pretty insane. I have the motorola v710 which I got
        about a year ago. I can copy anything onto a little card and then slip
        that into the phone and put it wherever I wat in the phone. I can use
        ringtones and whatever. My friend just got the updated version
        recently and I tried to give her some of my ringtones (since when you
        replace a phone you lose all your old ringtones) but the copy feature
        was not available. That's gotta be criminal, not letting you use a
        feature already in the machine, to keep you from using your own stuff?