Re: [podcasters] Re: Mobile Podcasting using the Edirol R1 portable recorder

  • Chris Cochran
    Message 1 of 52 , Aug 31, 2005
      Tascam has a couple of portable recorders Pocket Studio they are called.
      They will do all that you want them to and to it in MP3 format. They
      discontinued a couple that are really nice and can be had for less than $300
      on line. The one I use even has a built in mixer, limiter, etc. It will
      take line level, if you use a DI box or transducers. It sounds like what
      you are looking for.

      HereĀ¹s the one I use: http://www.tascam.com/Products/PocketStudio5.html

      Works great.

      But I agree with paul...if what you have is working...IF IT AINT BROKE...you
      know the rest.

      Chris

    • Ron Jeffries
      Message 52 of 52 , Sep 1, 2005
        On Thursday, September 1, 2005, at 1:53:58 AM, Chris Cochran wrote:

        > Tascam has a couple of portable recorders Pocket Studio they are called.
        > They will do all that you want them to and to it in MP3 format. They
        > discontinued a couple that are really nice and can be had for less than $300
        > on line. The one I use even has a built in mixer, limiter, etc. It will
        > take line level, if you use a DI box or transducers. It sounds like what
        > you are looking for.

        I did check them out and they look cool. It appears that TASCAM has
        abandoned that market. Not that it matters, if the recorders work
        well, I guess it doesn't matter but I do wonder ...

        Ron Jeffries
        www.XProgramming.com
        The model that really matters is the one that people have in
        their minds. All other models and documentation exist only to
        get the right model into the right mind at the right time.
        -- Paul Oldfield