Re: [podcasters] Re: Mobile Podcasting using the Edirol R1 portable recorder

  • paul
    Message 1 of 52 , Aug 31, 2005
      --- Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
      > Yes, there is. I can tell that already. I can make
      > myself sound like
      > Garrison Keillor, and Chet sound like Minnie Mouse.
      > And, at least
      > using my ears, since there are no meters on the
      > iRiver, I can get us
      > to equal loudness. I can do that in post, however.
      >
      > What is interesting is the amazing lashup of wires
      > it takes to do
      > that, including the y-cable that folks originally
      > objected to. ;->

      Ron, there is nothing wrong with the way you are doing
      it now. Don't ad a crappy Behringer mixer and add to
      your problems. Just keep doing what your doing, and if
      you want a better setup, get one of the recorders we
      spoke about and better mics. Otherwise, your chasing
      fools gold my friend;)

      And yes, with the iriver, you will always need that
      darn y cable. No one can offer you an alternative.

      Peace, out, in the hizouse!!!????;)

      Paul Puri
      Unsigned Podcast Network

      Skype:unsignedpodcast
      The site: http://www.unsignedpodcast.com/
      The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
      The feed: http://www.unsignedpodcast.com/podcast.php
      The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

      Promotion without shame.
      Podcasting Announcements
    • Ron Jeffries
      Message 52 of 52 , Sep 1, 2005
        On Thursday, September 1, 2005, at 1:53:58 AM, Chris Cochran wrote:

        > Tascam has a couple of portable recorders Pocket Studio they are called.
        > They will do all that you want them to and to it in MP3 format. They
        > discontinued a couple that are really nice and can be had for less than $300
        > on line. The one I use even has a built in mixer, limiter, etc. It will
        > take line level, if you use a DI box or transducers. It sounds like what
        > you are looking for.

        I did check them out and they look cool. It appears that TASCAM has
        abandoned that market. Not that it matters, if the recorders work
        well, I guess it doesn't matter but I do wonder ...

        Ron Jeffries
        www.XProgramming.com
        The model that really matters is the one that people have in
        their minds. All other models and documentation exist only to
        get the right model into the right mind at the right time.
        -- Paul Oldfield