Re: [podcasters] Digest Number 580

  • Robbie Schmelzer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 5:27 PM
      Greetings folks, Pirateweather.com <http://Pirateweather.com> checking back
      in to let you know what is going on with our Local Weather Podcasts. We have
      extended our podcast to cover the world, or at least every airport ICAO in
      the world. The last time we checked in was to announce that we added Local
      Weather Podcasts for every Zip Code in the USA. We were doing GREAT until
      iTunes dropped us for adding too many feeds to their service. They called us
      and said they would be creating a special Category for Weather and they
      would be moving us over. Well what they said and what they did are two
      different things, ;( . They deleted us completely from the directory. So now
      we have very little traffic because we have no vehicle for distribution. On
      the other hand we really like what odeo.com <http://odeo.com> is doing they
      have us listed and search able. just type in you zip code and boom there we
      are. Has anyone out there had a similar experience with iTunes? If so we
      would love to know how to resolve our problem. We send them an email almost
      daily with no response.

      Respectfully, Robbie Schmelzer callrob@...

      On 31 Aug 2005 17:08:37 -0000, podcasters@yahoogroups.com <
      podcasters@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > There are 25 messages in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Re: Music Licensing for UK podcasts just got a whole lot easier...
      > From: James Cridland <james@...>
      > 2. Re: Re: How are people selling Podcasts?
      > From: James Cridland <james@...>
      > 3. Re: using skype
      > From: Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...>
      > 4. Re: Re: How are people selling Podcasts?
      > From: Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...>
      > 5. Re: Re: Mobile Podcasting using the Edirol R1 portable recorder
      > From: Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...>
      > 6. Re: Re[2]: Sample rates
      > From: Dennis Hays <dhays@...>
      > 7. Audition Question: Cue and Play List
      > From: Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...>
      > 8. Re: using skype
      > From: "Tim Elliott" <twelliott@...>
      > 9. Hurrican donation challenge !!
      > From: "Scott Grayban" <evilborg2001@...>
      > 10. RE: Hurrican donation challenge !!
      > From: "C.C. Chapman" <cc@...>
      > 11. Re: Podcasting to your cell phone's voicemail bo
      > From: paul <prp6040@...>
      > 12. Re: Music Licensing for UK podcasts just got a whole lot easier...
      > From: Matt May <mcmay@...>
      > 13. Re: Hurrican donation challenge !!
      > From: Brian Noe <noebie@...>
      > 14. Re: Re: How are people selling Podcasts?
      > From: Stephen Eley <SFEley@...>
      > 15. Re: Podcasting to your cell phone's voicemail bo
      > From: Stephen Eley <SFEley@...>
      > 16. Re: Re: Mobile Podcasting using the Edirol R1 portable recorder
      > From: Stephen Eley <SFEley@...>
      > 17. Re: Podcasting to your cell phone's voicemail bo
      > From: paul <prp6040@...>
      > 18. Re: Podcasting to your cell phone's voicemail bo
      > From: Matt May <mcmay@...>
      > 19. Re: Podcasting to your cell phone's voicemail bo
      > From: matt kane's brain <mkb@...>
      > 20. RE: Podcasting to your cell phone's voicemail bo
      > From: "Jake Ludington" <jake@...>
      > 21. Re: Hurrican donation challenge !!
      > From: Brian Noe <noebie@...>
      > 22. Re: Hurrican donation challenge !!
      > From: "P. Dilly" <podcastpickle@...>
      > 23. Re: Podcasting to your cell phone's voicemail bo
      > From: Stephen Eley <SFEley@...>
      > 24. RE: Podcasting to your cell phone's voicemail bo
      > From: "Jake Ludington" <jake@...>
      > 25. Re: Podcasting to your cell phone's voicemail bo
      > From: Matt May <mcmay@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:55:47 +0100
      > From: James Cridland <james@...>
      > Subject: Re: Music Licensing for UK podcasts just got a whole lot
      > easier...
      >
      > On 8/30/05, Matt May <mcmay@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > James Cridland wrote:
      > > >To claim that we're
      > > >just promoting their product, as a previous poster did in this
      > > >"conversation" is naive, since without their product, our podcasts
      > would
      > > be
      > > >poorer - we want to include music in our podcasts because we know
      > that'll
      > > >make them better, right?

> [...]

      Respectfully,

      Robbie Schmelzer

      PirateWeather.com

      Get the Pirate Weather Report (for your Blog or Website),
      RSS Feeds, Podcasts for every town in the world..