Re: [podcasters] Podcasting to your cell phone's voicemail bo

  • Erik Herz
    Message 1 of 39 , Aug 31, 2005
      Is it valuable to be notified when a new episode of
      your favorite podcast is available?

      Is it valuable to be able to hear it on your phone?

      Would podcasters like to sell secure access to their
      podcasts?

      I think so. I also think that the carriers are eager
      to provide more services. Soon I think that the
      carriers will pay for great podcast programming and
      provide it to their customers at a very low cost.

      I think we can help to get this started by allowing
      the early adopters to tinker with the model before the
      big fish do it.

      I think that we can all do well here. Hopefully we can
      shift a little money from the big fish to the little
      fish in the process.

      Erik
    • Jimmy
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 1, 2005
        > I am a Verizon customer and let me tell you that they (one of the
        largest in
        > the country) are doing just the opposite. EVERY new phone they
        offer has
        > abilities that they disable. They have a model where you have to
        hack your
        > phone to add a ring tone that you make yourself!

        Yeah, this is pretty insane. I have the motorola v710 which I got
        about a year ago. I can copy anything onto a little card and then slip
        that into the phone and put it wherever I wat in the phone. I can use
        ringtones and whatever. My friend just got the updated version
        recently and I tried to give her some of my ringtones (since when you
        replace a phone you lose all your old ringtones) but the copy feature
        was not available. That's gotta be criminal, not letting you use a
        feature already in the machine, to keep you from using your own stuff?