Re: [podcasters] Podcasting to your cell phone's voicemail bo

  • Matt May
    Message 1 of 39 , Aug 31, 2005
      On Aug 31, 2005, at 9:54 AM, Stephen Eley wrote:
      > Matt May pointed out that smartphones can already get podcasts on them
      > for free. While of course that doesn't help users without
      > smartphones

      Well, I know there's at least one podcatching app for Series 60, so
      the phones don't have to be _that_ smart. They just have to have the
      ability to hold a memory card.

      My Audiovox smartphone came with a stereo headset and mic, so it's
      great for podcasts. My old phone with its mono headset was okay, but
      at least it's better quality than the average phone call, and you
      don't need to buy another device to do it.

      -
    • Jimmy
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 1, 2005
        > I am a Verizon customer and let me tell you that they (one of the
        largest in
        > the country) are doing just the opposite. EVERY new phone they
        offer has
        > abilities that they disable. They have a model where you have to
        hack your
        > phone to add a ring tone that you make yourself!

        Yeah, this is pretty insane. I have the motorola v710 which I got
        about a year ago. I can copy anything onto a little card and then slip
        that into the phone and put it wherever I wat in the phone. I can use
        ringtones and whatever. My friend just got the updated version
        recently and I tried to give her some of my ringtones (since when you
        replace a phone you lose all your old ringtones) but the copy feature
        was not available. That's gotta be criminal, not letting you use a
        feature already in the machine, to keep you from using your own stuff?