Re: [podcasters] Podcasting to your cell phone's voicemail bo

  • matt kane's brain
    Message 1 of 39 , Aug 31, 2005
      At 11:55 AM 8/31/2005, Matt May wrote:
      >If users intend for their phone to be their podcatcher, they can buy
      >an SD/miniSD/Transflash card and either set up podcatching software
      >on their device or copy podcasts from their home PC. To be honest, I
      >don't see the value proposition here.

      *ahem*

      paul:
      >I paid $2.00 for a 10 second clip. I think they called
      >it a ringtone. I also paid $2.00 for a picture that
      >only could reside on the tiny screen on my phone. I
      >think it was called wallpaper.

      When cell phones are involved, people will pay extra for practically
      nothing, especially in places where cell phone providers typically do
      not ALLOW free content on phones.
      --
      /* Halley */ (Halley's comment.)
      matt kane's brain
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 1, 2005
        > I am a Verizon customer and let me tell you that they (one of the
        largest in
        > the country) are doing just the opposite. EVERY new phone they
        offer has
        > abilities that they disable. They have a model where you have to
        hack your
        > phone to add a ring tone that you make yourself!

        Yeah, this is pretty insane. I have the motorola v710 which I got
        about a year ago. I can copy anything onto a little card and then slip
        that into the phone and put it wherever I wat in the phone. I can use
        ringtones and whatever. My friend just got the updated version
        recently and I tried to give her some of my ringtones (since when you
        replace a phone you lose all your old ringtones) but the copy feature
        was not available. That's gotta be criminal, not letting you use a
        feature already in the machine, to keep you from using your own stuff?