Re: [podcasters] Podcasting to your cell phone's voicemail bo

  • Matt May
    Message 1 of 39 , Aug 31, 2005
      On Aug 31, 2005, at 8:23 AM, Stephen Eley wrote:

      > I think you
      > need to step back and ask yourself what it is you're really trying to
      > sell, and why it's important to you.

      Not to mention waiting until next Wednesday, because Apple may just
      completely obsolete the idea with the iTunes phone. If they allow
      wireless access to the iTMS, including the podcasting section,
      nobody's going to want to pay more for less functionality.

      If users intend for their phone to be their podcatcher, they can buy
      an SD/miniSD/Transflash card and either set up podcatching software
      on their device or copy podcasts from their home PC. To be honest, I
      don't see the value proposition here.

      -
    • Jimmy
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 1 2:55 AM
        > I am a Verizon customer and let me tell you that they (one of the
        largest in
        > the country) are doing just the opposite. EVERY new phone they
        offer has
        > abilities that they disable. They have a model where you have to
        hack your
        > phone to add a ring tone that you make yourself!

        Yeah, this is pretty insane. I have the motorola v710 which I got
        about a year ago. I can copy anything onto a little card and then slip
        that into the phone and put it wherever I wat in the phone. I can use
        ringtones and whatever. My friend just got the updated version
        recently and I tried to give her some of my ringtones (since when you
        replace a phone you lose all your old ringtones) but the copy feature
        was not available. That's gotta be criminal, not letting you use a
        feature already in the machine, to keep you from using your own stuff?