using skype

  • gjaxson01
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
      I am having trouble recording skypoe converstations. I am using a USB microphone and
      audio hijack to try an capture audio but I only get one side of the converstation. ANy
      suggestions. I have garage band and soundtraks and am wanting to conduct my podcast
      using skype since my cohost lives 1200 miles away.

      Thanks,
      Garrett
    • Vault Master
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
        Use Audio Hijack Pro, and follow the instructions in the help file
        that comes with the app.

        On 31/08/2005, at 2:33 PM, gjaxson01 wrote:

        > I am having trouble recording skypoe converstations. I am using a
        > USB microphone and
        > audio hijack to try an capture audio but I only get one side of the
        > converstation. ANy
        > suggestions. I have garage band and soundtraks and am wanting to
        > conduct my podcast
        > using skype since my cohost lives 1200 miles away.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Garrett

        > Communication and networking Wireless communication and networking
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > Visit your group "podcasters" on the web.

      • Ron Jeffries
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2005
          On Wednesday, August 31, 2005, at 12:33:38 AM, gjaxson01 wrote:

          > I am having trouble recording skypoe converstations. I am using a USB microphone and
          > audio hijack to try an capture audio but I only get one side of the converstation.

          That's how Skype works, on its own.

          > ANy
          > suggestions. I have garage band and soundtraks and am wanting to conduct my podcast
          > using skype since my cohost lives 1200 miles away.

          I googled Skype recording and found lots of good info, including a
          reference to HotRecorder at

          http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/62570

          pointing to www.hotrecorder.com

          Mysteriously, this is a program that Chet is trying to get us to
          try.

          Ron Jeffries
          www.XProgramming.com
          The work teaches us. -- Richard Gabriel
        • Tim Elliott
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2005
            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "gjaxson01" <gjaxson01@y...> wrote:
            > I am having trouble recording skypoe converstations. I am using a
            USB microphone and
            > audio hijack to try an capture audio but I only get one side of the
            converstation. ANy
            > suggestions. I have garage band and soundtraks and am wanting to
            conduct my podcast
            > using skype since my cohost lives 1200 miles away.

            The most authoritative source for this are Doug Kaye's posts:

            http://www.rds.com/blogs/doug/index.php/archives/2005/07/14/interviews-via-skype/

            http://www.rds.com/blogs/doug/index.php/archives/2005/07/22/interviews-via-skype-revisited/

            Also read the comments posted there for other combinations.

            Good luck,
            --
            Tim Elliott
            Winecast