Secure subscription CellCasting

  • Erik Herz
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2005
      Ok.

      We are thinking of rolling out a beta service that will do the following:

      1. Allow you to get a 30 second "sample" of your favorite podcasts as
      voicemail

      2. Allow you to reply to your voicemail which will connect you to our
      number so you can hear the entire podcast (any length)

      3. You can enter RSS urls, pick from a list of podcasts, or even
      choose new content packages that we can line up ... like sports
      highlights or dedicated tech news shows that we can get rights to for
      this purpose.

      4. We can have a secure subscription service for some content that you
      will only be able to get via your phones (closed network) ... we can
      add a micro-transaction to your phone bill for content that you elect
      to buy.

      5. You can opt-in to receive promotions based upon narrowly defined
      criteria of new podcasts or new content packages that meet your
      interests which you can get via RSS on your iPod or as a subscription
      on your phone.

      If you would like to be a part of this beta, either as a user or a
      content provider, please contact me. I am also interested in hearing
      what the group thinks about this concept.

      Erik Herz
      Webcast in a Box
      erik (at) webcastinabox.com