41380Re: [podcasters] new podcaster, could use a little help

  • Shawn Thorpe
    Aug 7, 2013
      In order for a podcast feed to work in a podcatching application (such as gpodder), the feed must contain enclosure tags that point to the media files of each individual podcast episode. Tumblr doesn't appear to support enclosure tags automatically, and there's no way (as far as I can tell) for you to manually edit your Tumblr blog's RSS feed. I did some looking around online, and most of the "how to podcast with Tumblr" tutorials suggest that the only way this can be done is to use Feedburner to generate your podcast feed. So, you'd have to link directly to your podcast file hosted at Soundcloud (not just embed it) from within your Tumblr posts and then send your Tumblr RSS thru Feedburner. With Feedburner, you can add all of the necessary podcast stuff to the feed. You'll need to direct all of your listeners to that Feedburner feed if they want to subscribe as a podcast. Keep in mind that there are many pros/cons to using Feedburner, and that my recommendation of it isn't a personal endorsement. But looking at things from a purely technical standpoint, I don't think you have any other choice.

      -Shawn
      http://nomarket.org/