41376Re: iPods Skipping After Intro Section of Podcast Episode?

  • angelomandato
    Jul 16, 2013
      It sounds like your mp3 may be using a variable bit rate (VBR). Assuming your media hosting is HTTP/1.1 complaint that is, the VBR or the sample rate are the only other factors that can cause playback to stop or jump when streamed (rather than downloaded) depending on the player. If your media hosting is not HTTP/1.1 complaint, you will have issues with Apple iTunes specifically, HTTP/1.1 features such as byte serving and HEAD requests now required for iTunes.

      We have this and a few other possible issues noted in our Mp3 tips section in the Blubrry podcasting manual, here's a direct link: http://create.blubrry.com/manual/creating-podcast-media/audio/mp3-mpeg-layer-3-tips/

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "essential_pepsi" <nickmarmstrong@...> wrote:

      > Hi all, I'm wondering if you can help me with a quick troubleshoot.
      >
      > I've received similar complaints from various visitors, each time on an iPod or an iPhone:
      >
      > "I get your show from itunes but it often skips and jumps to the next epidode (on 2 different ipods) mainly after the previously recap or the beginning segment of the new episode or after the beginning theme"
      >
      > Is this a problem in our files? Is there something we need to be doing that we're not? A setting we can direct our listeners to? I can't replicate it and yet we've got 10 other people who've complained about the same thing.
      >
      > I'm not sure what's causing it and it's driving me nuts trying to figure it out...
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      >
      > -Nick Armstrong
      > Giant Gnome Productions (http://giantgnome.com/)