41369Re: [podcasters] Podcast or not a podcast?

  • Nobilis Reed
    Jun 11, 2013
      The link is the TEENY TINY RSS symbol on the podcast episodes:

      http://nerdist.libsyn.com/rss

      On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:26 PM, Richard Amirault <ramirault@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I've been listening to podcasts for years now. I published one for a
      > while,
      > but I am far from an expert on the mysteries of RSS feeds.
      >
      > There is a TV show I watch on BBC America called The Nerdist. On the final
      > show of the season the host mentioned he also has a podcast by the same
      > name
      > .. great.
      >
      > However when I went to the webpage for the "podcast" (
      > http://www.nerdist.com/podcast/nerdist/ ) I could find episodes that I
      > could
      > play on demand or a link to download each ep manually. I also found a RSS
      > feed ( http://www.nerdist.com/feed/ ) and "subscribed" to it in Internet
      > Explorer. The problem is THERE IS NO MP3 ASSOCIATED WITH THE RSS FEED.
      >
      > Am I missing something? Is this happening often .. when folks THINK they
      > have a podcast but actually don't. What is the reasoning behind not
      > including a link to the mp3?
      >
      > Richard Amirault
      > Boston, MA, USA
      > http://n1jdu.org
      > http://bostonfandom.org

      Stories that don't stop at the bedroom door - or the castle gate - or the
      airlock.
      http://www.nobiliserotica.com
      "...You can write the most detailed...description of an ax entering a
      skull, and nobody will say a word in protest. But if you write a similarly
      detailed description of a penis entering a vagina, you get letters from
      people saying they�ll never read you again. What the hell? Penises entering
      vaginas bring a lot more joy into the world than axes entering skulls.�
      --Author George R. R. Martin