41341Re: Analogue or digital

  • xstatiion
    Apr 6, 2013
      Analogue would be an audio signal that is mixed then recorded digitally. If you use USB mics that's digital audio. All of it is digitally recorded. Digital interfaces can be used. GarageBand can act like one. I'd rather not use it like that though. I just want it to digitally record. Kinda confusing. But I'll check out your setup when I get home tonight. Thanks.

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "tapeleg" <tapeleg@...> wrote:

      > I'm not entirely sure what you mean by an analog and digital setup. Everything you work with will be analog before it hits the computer, and digital until it comes out. So no matter what, you still need an audio interface to get the audio into your computer.
      >
      > If you are looking for a mixer, I would ask you to look at the Mackie Onyx line of mixers. They have several models for the various needs you may have, and they all have a firewire audio interface built in, allowing you to record each track individually into GB or whatever DAW you want to use. I use one and I love it. You can also plug your guitar directly in to it.
      >
      > Here is my setup. Some of the latter gear has dropped off the list.
      >
      > http://www.rinkpodcast.com/tapeleg-studios/
      >
      > Hope that helps.
      >
      > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "xstatiion" <gradiva_@> wrote:
      > >
      > > What's up people. I got the Fanmob Podcast off the ground and running. We are almost 20 episodes in. I use Garageband to record one track from a condenser mic. Post editing is pretty quick with Audacity. Noise removing for the hiss and equalizing for the volume. Now I know it's time to start dropping in original music and transition tracks. I also know I'd have to learn Garageband a bit more. I am thinking of doing the analogue setup with dynamic mics and a mixer going straight to Garageband. It's a bit pricey. I'm looking for any ideas about a setup that is easier for dropping in music and eventually Skype audio. A mixer is clunky and hard to be mobile with. But the digiatl setup I have is not going to work for enriching the end product. What do you people use? Time and a learning curve is not a lot of what I have. I can do an affordable analogue setup I'm thinking. I play guitar. So the audio practicality of analogue seems quick and easy to incorporate into recording a show. Suggestions?? We are on iTunes and Stitcher, btw. I suggest you all try getting on Stitcher if you aren't already. Thanks. Frank

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic