41332Re: [podcasters] Two mics, one computer?

  • Mark Kelleher
    Mar 15, 2013
      Yeah, as far as I know you can do this on a Mac, but not PC. Since I'm a PC guy I'll tell you what I can remember about this, but you'd be best to look it up yourself. Anyhow, I believe that you run the second USB mic as a midi.

      From: Nobilis Reed <authornobilis@...>
      To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 8:59 PM
      Subject: [podcasters] Two mics, one computer?

      Is there a way to record with two USB mics on one computer? We just
      picked up a couple of the fabulously cheap Yeti mics on Woot and I'd
      like to know if there's an easy way to multi-track them on a computer,
      or if I need to do one of the other hacks I have in mind.

      Stories that don't stop at the bedroom door - or the castle gate - or
      the airlock.
      "...You can write the most detailed...description of an ax entering a
      skull, and nobody will say a word in protest. But if you write a
      similarly detailed description of a penis entering a vagina, you get
      letters from people saying they’ll never read you again. What the
      hell? Penises entering vaginas bring a lot more joy into the world
      than axes entering skulls.” --Author George R. R. Martin

      YahooGroups Podcasters Links

      Yahoo! Groups Links