40724Re: Newbie/playing other artists content

  • tapeleg
    Sep 5, 2011
      I guess it's two different questions, even though it may seem like the same thing. Can I use an artist's music for intros and can I use an artist's music for review purposes, vs can I use an artist's music. In the intro, no, but as a review, sure, usually. Fair use covers it, but fair use is still ambiguous enough that it makes it a tough decision to make.

      And the thing is, fair use is REALLY ambiguous. It's that way on purpose, so there can be some argument, but it doesn't always work out for the little guy, and in this case, we are the little guys.

      I know the decision has been made, but it's an issue that will crop up over and over. I thought I would just throw that out there.