40421Re: [podcasters] Where do find music?

  • Erk Pod
    Apr 1, 2011
      I strongly disagree with Richard's statement below as a music podcaster for
      the last 2 years & knowing others that have been podcasting music for 4-6
      years. To answer the original poster, there's lots of great stuff out there.

      There are many websites that have great quality music where music
      podcasters, internet radio and radio in general can access music from so
      they can play tracks rather than requiring a CD. Some of the artists are
      even well known quote unquote commercially. Then there are agencies such as
      Ariel Publicity that have already been mentioned as well.

      Websites include the already mentioned Music Alley aka Podsafe Music
      Network, Jamendo, AirPlay Direct, Radio Submit, Music Submit, IODA Promonet

      Agencies include (but are not limited to) Ariel Publicity, Deuce Management
      & Promotion, Manilla PR & many others who inbox me on a regular basis.

      I am also a member of the Association of Music Podcasting with over 50
      member shows across the world.

      The majority of the music that I play on my music show I have either
      downloaded for free with agreement with the music providers listed above or
      the artists themselves directly give me a CD or an MP3 and allow me to play
      their tracks.

      On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 12:29 AM, Richard Amirault <ramirault@...>wrote:

      > -
      >
      > There are people who create music and are willing to forgo a seperate
      > royalty payment. Instead they charge a bit more when they sell the song and
      >
      > that extra money is enough for them. "Royalty Free" does not mean free to
      > purchase.
      >
      > There are other folks who, for various reasons .. like they want to get the
      >
      > exposure, will create music and not charge royalty and, in addition,
      > actually give the song away for free as well. However the number of folks
      > who do this are not very many. Also the quality and types of music are
      > limited.
      >
      > Richard Amirault
      > Boston, MA, USA
      > http://n1jdu.org
      > http://bostonfandom.org

      Erk, Sydney (Australia)
      Channel Erk podcasts
      Insomnia Radio: Australia

      Host & Producer: Erk Pod, Erk FM, Echo Romeo Kilo, Blast From The Past,
      Insomnia Radio: Australia. Producer: Judy's Blast FM. Find all podcasts on
      Channel Erk. There is a podcast for everyone!

      Author: A Moment In Time (debut novel)

      http://www.channelerk.com
      http://australia.insomniaradio.net
      http://www.amomentintimenovel.com

      erkpod@...

      Skype: erkpod
      Twitter: @erkpod (personal)
      Twitter: @erkfm & @iraustralia (music)
      Voicemail: 02 8003 6905 (Australia)
      Voicemail: 661-524-5ERK (US)

      A member of the Association of Music Podcasting (AMP)
      http://musicpodcasting.org