39751Re: parsec awards

  • madpoet_tarsis
    May 4, 2010
      Congrats, Jeri, and good luck!

      If it's anything like last year, it depends on the kind of category you're in. If you're in long form podcast novel, they allow a sample of up to an hour. As far as what to send them, that's up to you, and it depends on how much effort you want to put into it.
      If you have a particularly compelling episode, I might send that with a special opener / closer saying "Hi, this is Jeri Unselt, and this is a sample for my nomination in the (blank) category of this year's Parsecs." And then "That's my sample, this is Jeri Unselt, and thank you for the consideration in this year's Parsecs."
      But if you want to cut together samples from a variety of episodes, things that you think would really showcase the writing/production/etc., then you can do that too. It's totally up to you.

      Congratulations again,
      - Zach Ricks
      Geek Survival Guide - http://www.geeksurvivalguide.org
      Mad Poet Files - http://www.madpoetfiles.com