39639Re: [podcasters] Subscription podcasts

  • David Jackson
    Mar 9, 2010
      I use www.121podcasting.com (premium cast) Wich takes your RSS feed
      (typically one to many) and makes it one to one. Then if someone doesn't
      pay, you turn off their feed. You can also sell digital products (physical
      too) have coupons, all sorts of stuff. It's kind of pricing, but once you
      get a few subscribers it pays for itself. I contacted show taxi when I first
      built the school of podcasting and I don't believe I ever got an email back.
      I ended up reading about them in Lisa Barne's book about making money with
      podcasting.

      Dave Jackson
      www.schoolofpodcasting.com

      On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Ed Morgan <parrotflock@...> wrote:

      > I am planning on charging a small fee for an expanded version of my
      > podcast, and have been looking for a service to serve the member show
      > through, such as ShowTaxi.com says they can do. But I sent them a question
      > over a week ago, actually a couple of times, and even called them, but have
      > never heard back from them. This concerns me that the site might not provide
      > the support needed, if my members have any issues downloading the podcast.
      > So I was wondering if anyone here charges for their podcast, and if so, what
      > to you do to make it work? Do you use a service or a script? I would like to
      > find something to make this work that doesn't cost a lot, if anything.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Ed Morgan
      > The Parrot Hut
      > http://www.parrothut.com