39621Re: [podcasters] that phone interview question again

  • Calvin Powers
    Feb 12, 2010
      Hey Dave,

      This morning I was able to get Skype 4.1.0 and Total Recorder 8.0 to work
      together fairly easily. (Be sure to read the guide on which drivers to
      install during Total Recorder installation). Total Recorder had a set up
      wizard that set itself up for VOIP as I requested and it all worked fine as
      far as I can tell.I haven't done any official interviews yet. But I did some
      kick the tires testing using Skype Out to another phone and I'm very happy
      with the results.

      I particularly like Total Recorder's ability to separate out the two sides
      of the conversation into a left channel/right channel. This is very helpful
      because I like to isolate the interviewee's responses and re-record my
      questions. By separating the call into left and right channels, I believe
      I'll be able to remove all traces of my part of the conversation on the
      phone.

      I realize that Skype can be hit or miss in terms of call quality. But so far
      so good.

      I'll look into the cord option too.

      Calvin
      www.taprootradio.com