39617Re: [podcasters] that phone interview question again

  • David Jackson
    Feb 12, 2010
      What type of phone do you have? I have a droid (with a headphone out jack).
      I got a cord at radio shack and went from my phone out to a channel on my
      board (a few connectors to go 1/8" to 1/4") and now I can add bass and trele
      to the phone and control the volume with my mixer. I just talk into the
      phone and my microphone. The output of the mixer goes into the computer, or
      in my case a Zune H4.

      The other alternative is Skype out where you can call people's phones. I
      still get their phone number (as Skype can get weird too) you might have
      some "can you say that again - skype cut out moments).

      Dave Jackson

      On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 9:21 PM, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:

      > Howdy,
      > I have been a happy and enthusiastic fan of talkshoe.com as a great way to
      > conduct live phone interviews with guests. One of the reasons I like
      > talkshoe so much is that they give you the chance to record phone
      > interviews
      > at much higher bit rates than most conference call services. So while the
      > recording quality is not great it's better than most phone interviews.
      > But tonight I had a scheduled interview and was not able to get into the
      > system. Constant busy signal. Of course, there is no human being I can call
      > for help. I did leave a phone mail on their system outage phone number. But
      > it's too late now. I've already cancelled the interview and now have an
      > irritated guest to deal with.
      > So back to the drawing board. What do folks recommend for recording phone
      > interviews? I found this page on transom.org which seems to do a great job
      > at describing all the hardware based solutions. But honestly, I'd rather
      > have a conference call service that we can all dial into.
      > Anyway, I'd like to hear what other people are doing for recording phone
      > interviews.
      > Calvin Powers
      > www.taprootradio.com
      > the taproot music feed podcast<