39429Re: Duplicate content problem?

  • Michael B
    Nov 1, 2009

      What you describe below is more ambitious than what I was thinking. My thought was to simply start a new blog (not a new podcast) and create a new post whenever a news event relates to one of my old podcast episodes. This post would be short and then just link over to the podcast episode on my other site.

      Michael Britt

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:
      > On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 7:41 AM, Michael B
      > <michael.britt@...> wrote:
      > > That's okay, right?  I remember hearing about the problem of "duplicate content" (which I don't fully understand) and I wasn't sure if this scenario fit that issue.
      > I'm not _totally_ sure I understand your scenario here, but to the
      > extent that I _think_ I understand it, it shouldn't be a problem. If
      > you make a second podcast pointing to selected episodes from your
      > first podcast, what you'll have is two podcasts. People will get
      > duplicate episodes if they subscribe to both -- but that's a listener
      > choice, and not something I think anyone should get up in arms about.
      > It happens to me occasionally when two podcasts I subscribe to release
      > the same content (e.g., one podcaster interviews another) and I just
      > shrug and skip one of them.
      > --
      > Have Fun,
      > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)