39429Re: Duplicate content problem?

  • Michael B
    Nov 1, 2009
      Steve,

      What you describe below is more ambitious than what I was thinking. My thought was to simply start a new blog (not a new podcast) and create a new post whenever a news event relates to one of my old podcast episodes. This post would be short and then just link over to the podcast episode on my other site.

      Michael Britt
      michael@...
      www.thepsychfiles.com

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:

      > On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 7:41 AM, Michael B
      > <michael.britt@...> wrote:
      > > That's okay, right?  I remember hearing about the problem of "duplicate content" (which I don't fully understand) and I wasn't sure if this scenario fit that issue.
      >
      > I'm not _totally_ sure I understand your scenario here, but to the
      > extent that I _think_ I understand it, it shouldn't be a problem. If
      > you make a second podcast pointing to selected episodes from your
      > first podcast, what you'll have is two podcasts. People will get
      > duplicate episodes if they subscribe to both -- but that's a listener
      > choice, and not something I think anyone should get up in arms about.
      > It happens to me occasionally when two podcasts I subscribe to release
      > the same content (e.g., one podcaster interviews another) and I just
      > shrug and skip one of them.
      >

      > --
      > Have Fun,
      > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)