39428Re: [podcasters] Duplicate content problem?

    Nov 1, 2009
      On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 7:41 AM, Michael B
      <michael.britt@...> wrote:
      > That's okay, right?  I remember hearing about the problem of "duplicate content" (which I don't fully understand) and I wasn't sure if this scenario fit that issue.

      I'm not _totally_ sure I understand your scenario here, but to the
      extent that I _think_ I understand it, it shouldn't be a problem. If
      you make a second podcast pointing to selected episodes from your
      first podcast, what you'll have is two podcasts. People will get
      duplicate episodes if they subscribe to both -- but that's a listener
      choice, and not something I think anyone should get up in arms about.
      It happens to me occasionally when two podcasts I subscribe to release
      the same content (e.g., one podcaster interviews another) and I just
      shrug and skip one of them.

      http://www.escapepod.org
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic