39363Re: [podcasters] Remote Recording

  • Dan Hughes
    Sep 16, 2009
      Ben says,
      ------------------------------
      The only problem I have with the Olympus WS-321M is that it records in
      WMA (Windows Media Audio) and not PCM (WAV). Not my first choice for
      recording a podcast in, and then try to import the file to edit on a Mac
      editing maybe a pain (I'm not trying to be a apple fan boy, But I just
      dont like the encoding format)

      Good point, if you're using a Mac. I plug a good mic (EV-RE50 or Shure
      SM58) into the Olympus to record, then I pull the track into Adobe
      Audition, do my editing, and save it as an MP3. I'm quite satisfied with
      the resulting sound quality.

      I guess that the WMA format is even more condensed than MP3 (meaning you
      can record longer with WMA than MP3).

      ---Dan