39361Re: [podcasters] Remote Recording

  • Kenn Crawford
    Sep 16, 2009
      I am not a college student but still a cheap bastard LOL My budget is very
      limited right now when it comes to buying more gear so the less I have to
      spend the better :) Maybe I could swap one of my studio mics for a recorder
      :)

      I checked the Canadian site for the Olympus recorder and they don't have it
      (discontinued). Not sure if the US site delivers to Canada and if it does,
      when all is said and done, the price goes way up. Shipping is higher and
      then taxes and duty are added at the border and that kills us :(
      I checked ebay for the olympus and there was 1 for 99 bucks.

      I live out in the country and my only internet option is dialup and it is
      painfully slow. Top speed is 26.4 Kbps, which means roughly half and hour to
      download an MP3 LOL What's worse is the high speed lines stop about 2
      kilometers from where I live (about a mile) with no plans to extend coverage
      in the near future. That sucks! Anyway, looking for stuff on sites that are
      content rich, like ebay and music stores, is sloooowwwww.... type in a
      search, go make a coffee LOL so that is why I was hoping to get some ideas
      to narrow down my search.

      I just thought of something...has anyone ever tried using a cellphone as a
      recorder? I have a Blackberry Pearl and a Rumour with an 8 gig SD card. I
      think the rumour has the headset option....I wonder if using one of them
      would work or would it sound too tinny? I should charge them up and try it
      just for giggles :)

      Just thinking out loud, thanks for the options so far
      Kenn