38910Re: [podcasters] Field recorder

  • Martin McKeay
    Apr 5, 2009
      At three and a half years and going, mine is one of the oldest security
      podcasts. Security Now with Leo and Steve started almost exactly six months
      before my podcast did and the Pauldotcom podcast started literally within a
      couple of days of when I started. So there's a good reason I have some 'old
      school' equipment.

      It turned out to be a good thing that I had the iRiver last year. I had an
      opportunity to talk to DHS Secretary Chertoff and when I got to the event I
      realized the batteries on my Zoom were dead and I didn't have spares. The
      iRiver only takes one battery and I was able to capture the whole discussion
      with just a little power to spare. The moral: Always have a backup. And
      preferably a backup of your backup.

      Martin

      Martin McKeay, CISSP, QSA, GSNA
      Host of the Network Security Blog and Podcast
      http://www.mckeay.net
      Cell: 707-495-7926