38909Re: [podcasters] Field recorder

  • Will Brown
    Apr 5, 2009
      On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Martin McKeay <Martin@...> wrote:
      > For the my
      > micropodcasting rig, I use an iRiver 795 with a Giant Squid stereo mic. The
      > combo looks like someone's pipe at first glance. It's also incredibly
      > sensitive, but when I need something in an emergency, it works.

      Wow, now that's old-school OG podcasting gear right there!
      For you newbies out there, the iRiver/Giant Squid setup was the
      preferred configuration for field recording for the majority of
      podcasters back in 2005 before Zoom, Edirol, etc came to market.
      I still have mine tucked away in my bag just in case Armageddon breaks
      out and I have to the Ham radio of podcasting.
      Ah...the memories. :-)

      http://www.WillBrownOnline.com/ - All Things Me
      http://www.CloudyDayArt.com - Poetry Podcast
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic