38614Re: [podcasters] Video and audio episodes in the same feed?

  • Shawn Thorpe
    Mar 1, 2009
      Getting back to the original post: My blog (Shawnogram) has
      multimedia/podcast elements. I do have audio and video files together in the
      main feed, but I use WordPress category feeds to create RSS feeds for just
      the video files and just the audio files. Gives people the option to
      subscribe to whatever type of content they'd like. Follow the URL in my
      signature to see examples. It's all in the sidebar.

      And overall, I don't think there's anything wrong with having mixed media in
      the same feed. I've never been upset about receiving MORE content from a
      feed that I'm subscribed to. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to include
      both video and audio files of the exact same stuff in the same feed, though.
      That'd be annoying.

      --
      -Shawn "Shawno" Thorpe
      Hyper Nonsense - Talk/comedy podcast from central California

      Shawnogram - Content = life.
      http://www.shawnogram.com/