38612Re: [podcasters] Video and audio episodes in the same feed?

  • Pat Cook
    Mar 1, 2009
      Hi everyone:

      True HOWEVER if his show is a SEPARATE show like DnD TV is, he'll want to have a second feed. Otherwise people will be stuck downloading BOTH audio & video whether they like it or not.

      Now, my podcasts are mostly video (Mainly because I find video to be much more interactive & it puts a face to the voice, but hey, like Karma, IT'S ALL GOOD ), but the few times I podcast in audio only (Which for the reason above has been RARE), I **ALWAYS** have a SEPARATE feed.

      I may post both audio & video podcast links on my Blogger pages since those are easily customizable whereas the page (assuming I even get one) on my podcast host site may not be, but that doesn't affect the RSS feed because Blogger's RSS feed URL (Even when burned) usually doesn't detect any enclosures (I know this from past experience of people complaining to me about their inability to download ANY of the enclosures via RSS). As such, I use the feed provided by the podcast host & put that in the side panel on Blogger.

      But getting back to the subject at hand, YES some people do make audio & video versions of THE SAME show, but that's not necessarily true in EVERY case though.

      Just my $.02 worth.....

      Cheers :D

      Pat Cook
      patsblogs@...
      Denver, CO
      BLOGS & PODCASTS
      AS MY WORLD TURNS - http://asmyworldturnsblog.blogspot.com/
      AS MY WEIGHT LOSS WORLD TURNS - http://asmyweightlossworldturns.blogspot.com/
      THE LEFT WING CONSERVATIVE - http://www.geocities.com/theleftwingconservative/

      Date: Sunday, March 01, 2009 3:11:16 am
      To: <podcasters@yahoogroups.com>
      From: "Pat Cook" <patsblogs@...>

      Hi everyone:

      There no such thing as a MP3 video Michael.

      Cheers :D

      Pat

      From: mbritt1216 <michael.britt@...>
      To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com