37634Re: PodCasting Newbie

  • Mike Sharpe
    Sep 30, 2008
      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Shawn Thorpe" <shawnogordo@...> wrote:

      > On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Mike Sharpe <windytwit@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I've been recommended to ask here about a few questions, PG
      Holyfield
      > > (Podcast/Novel Author, at Podiobooks Community) Suggest that I come
      > > here, and ask them.
      > >
      > > I'm in the early Stages of doing a Podcast, It has No name yet, but
      > > has a general theme. (I'm planning to use it as a experience for my
      > > PodioBook and some method to keep attracting new listeners)
      > >
      > > I've done a small search online, I've come across PodBean, as a
      > > possible Free host for the Podcast. So is there any thing, such as
      > > Catches, that I should be to be aware of?
      > >
      > > Mike Sharpe
      > > BigNutter/windytwit
      > >

      > > .
      > >

      > I tried PodBean. I didn't like it. The interface is clunky, and
      you have
      > to publish a "show blog" there, regardless of whether or not that
      blog is
      > your primary point of presence on the 'net. And as has already been
      > explained, PodBean's storage policies aren't as flexible as
      LibSyn's. So,
      > why not just go with LibSyn?

      Why not Libsyn? or any other PayHost?

      My Cash card won't let buy stuff from most sites online. I can't get a
      new card since I don't have a regular Job. I am very limited on
      options. The card is Solo. (As in Visa or Mastercard)

      I also am trying to find out If going solo is really an option for me.
      I really don't want to be paying for stuff I don't want for other 11
      Months, of the 12 month contract.

      Also, I'm open to join most podcast who wants me. Going solo is really
      experience for the Book I'm working on.

      Mike
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic