37632Re: [podcasters] PodCasting Newbie

  • Shawn Thorpe
    Sep 29, 2008
      On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Mike Sharpe <windytwit@...> wrote:

      > I've been recommended to ask here about a few questions, PG Holyfield
      > (Podcast/Novel Author, at Podiobooks Community) Suggest that I come
      > here, and ask them.
      >
      > I'm in the early Stages of doing a Podcast, It has No name yet, but
      > has a general theme. (I'm planning to use it as a experience for my
      > PodioBook and some method to keep attracting new listeners)
      >
      > I've done a small search online, I've come across PodBean, as a
      > possible Free host for the Podcast. So is there any thing, such as
      > Catches, that I should be to be aware of?
      >
      > Mike Sharpe
      > BigNutter/windytwit
      >

      > .

      I tried PodBean. I didn't like it. The interface is clunky, and you have
      to publish a "show blog" there, regardless of whether or not that blog is
      your primary point of presence on the 'net. And as has already been
      explained, PodBean's storage policies aren't as flexible as LibSyn's. So,
      why not just go with LibSyn?

      For what it's worth, I host all of my podcasts and the associated media
      files with my DreamHost account. This works for me because none of my shows
      are extremely popular. But it saves me money, as I'm only paying for one
      host. So it's an option to consider, depending on your needs.

      --
      -Shawn "Shawno" Thorpe
      Hyper Nonsense - Talk/comedy podcast from central California

      Shawnogram - Content = life.
      http://www.shawnogram.com/