35900Re: Blog design: Does it matter for a podcast?

  • simplyrik
    Apr 3, 2008
      I'm viewing my podcast as a full blown production and as such there has to be a certain
      amount of marketing work that goes into that. The Blog is IMHO a key part to that. The blog
      is where you can also generate more pickups from search engines, post ads, show notes, RSS
      feeds to like-minded informational sites etc.

      To me it is all package deal. the Blog is also a place where you community can interact with
      you if you so choose. I do agree that content is key. At the same time, if all you use it for is
      a parking lot for show notes, then that is fine as well.

      The point I am trying to make is that your podcast should have an "Image" at the same time
      the Blog site should also carry that "Image." To throw up simple text blog sites for a show
      that might be quite colorful and informative does you no real justice.

      Just my 2 cents.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic