34554Re: [podcasters] recording devices..

  • David Smith
    Jan 2, 2008
      It was 1 Jan 2008, when April L Clay commented:

      > Hello all and Happy New Year!
      >
      > After some time away from the list, I am ready to jump back in! Enough
      > procrastinating, I am ready to get my first podcast together!
      >
      > I do have a question for you all- I am wanting a device to record
      > interviews with guests AND something that can clearly pick up talks that I
      > give as well. I figure I could use all or portions of these as
      > teleseminars.
      >
      > What would you recommend? Ease of use would be nice...like easy
      > integration with audacity and/or easy conversion to MP3 format.

      Since you're just starting out, you'd do best plugging a microphone into
      your laptop and do the best you can with the input you record. Since it's
      just People Talking, you'll probably do fine. And you can certainly
      create a podcast from that. People do, all the time.

      If you want one device that'll create an MP3 file from whatever audio you
      record, I'd recomment a Samson Zoom H2. It's not perfect, and it ain't
      cheap, but you apparently have the money, and it'll make your recording
      simpler. Then you have to do some editing, but you're starting with
      decent quality, and you can do the rest.

      Wish I owned one. <sigh>

      --
      Grizzly's Growls
      Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>