      From: Kevin Gibson
      To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 9:46 AM
      Subject: Re: [podcasters] Re: recording devices..

      April,

      The Zoom H2 is a stand alone recorder that will work great for your application. Bulky is a relative term, but I would not classify the H2 as bulky. It will record well from the podium as you are speaking -- and you can power it with batteries, so there are no cords for you to worry about.

      There are probably a myriad of places to purchase the Zoom, here is one place you might try:
      http://www.fullcompass.com/product/335840.html

      Cheers,

      Kevin Gibson

      Thanks all for your comments. I can see this is not the way to go...but the Zoom doesn't seem to be available in any store here (Canada) so where/how is the best way to buy this and...is it something that you can just set down on a podium while you are talking or do you have to use a mic and have it on me while I give a presentation? It looks a little bulky but its hard to tell from the shots.

      thanks again,
      April