      From: Richard Amirault
      To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 6:02 AM
      Subject: Re: [podcasters] Re: recording devices..

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "April L Clay"
      > RR-US500

      Do yourself a favor and stay away from this. This is commonaly called a
      "digital voice recorder" and while it is decent for recording notes in a
      classroom or a business meeting it is not high enough quality for what most
      folks would want for podcasting.

      I have two similar units by Olympus. If I remember correctly, it records in
      it's own format, but when you upload it to your computer it converts it to
      wav files. You then have to convert *that* to mp3 if you want.

      The Zoom H-2 would be your best bet.

      Richard Amirault
      Boston, MA, USA