30331Re: [podcasters] Re: Libsyn stats.

  • Paul Campbell
    Jun 2, 2007
      Apache-style log analysers.

      I'll assume your using Windows. I don't have access to a Windows PC at the
      weekend, so I can't try these out to see if they really are any good.

      * Xlogan (http://www.snapfiles.com/get/xlogan.html)
      Freeware

      * Advanced Log Analyzer (http://www.abacre.com/ala/index.htm)
      Free 30 day demo

      * Surfstats Log Analyzer (
      http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Servers/Server-Tools/Surfstats-Log-Analyzer-Standard-Edition.shtml
      )
      Free 30 day demo
      **
      Xlogan looks the most useful, not just because of it having a 30 day expiry.

      --
      Paul

      On 6/2/07, Steven R. Boyett <steve@...> wrote:

      > I would hugely welcome information as to how to read the raw logs. Libsyn
      > merely says, Here are the raw logs. I don't know what that means. I
      > shouldn't have to be an IT Admin magna cum laude MIT grad to get logs. The
      > assumption that the producer base of podcasting consists people steeped in
      > Web technology (though probably largely true) is very telling. In a bigger
      > picture, I think the level of expertise required to find, subscribe to,
      > play, and transfer a podcast (when compared to, say, your car radio), much
      > less the expertise required to produce one, is indicative of how far
      > podcasting has to go to become "grassroots." On the other hand, it's
      > hugely
      > bolstering to see how far it's come in such a short time.
      >
      > In any case, I wish I knew what to do with that raw info.
      >
      > Steve Boyett
      > www.djsteveboy.com <http://www.djsteveboy.com/>
      > Podcasts: "Groovelectric" / "Podrunner"
      >
      > Not every man knows what he shall sing at the end,
      > Watching the pier as the ship sails away, or what it will seem like
      > When he's held by the sea's roar, motionless, there at the end,
      > Or what he shall hope for once it is clear he'll never go back.
      > --Mark Strand
      > _____

      Paul W. Campbell
      * IM - AIM & Twitter: kemitix / MSN: paul@... / Yahoo:
      kemitixii
      * New from Cossmass Productions: Estalvin's Legacy - Episode 1:
      http://estalvinslegacy.info/
      * Promo: http://cossmass.co.uk/series/estalvinslegacy/promos