      From: Braindouche!
      To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2007 10:41 PM
      Subject: [podcasters] Oh communal podcaster brain, where do I find my theme music?

      Hey folks,

      I've been bashing my head against this problem for months. I found a
      song that would be a perfect theme song for my yet-unreleased podcast
      -- the song "I'm Getting Sentimental Over You", from the Going Places
      album by Herb Alpert. Of course, I can't use it... I even asked the
      record company that Alpert uses, and they sent me a very polite, but
      unequivocal, no.

      So, of course, everything that I find won't be as good, since i've
      already found "the perfect song". I've been plugging away at the
      internet to find something in a similar vein to that song, and I've
      made a startling discovery: THere appears to be only one artist in the
      english-speaking world willing to admit on the internet that they make
      big band american mariachi music a la the Tijuana Brass. His name is
      Amante. His music could really work well for me, even if it isn't
      Perfect. He also said no.

      Do any of you, anywhere, have *any* ideas where I could look for music
      even vaguely related to Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, or Lawrence
      Welk? I want something retro, shuffling, perferably brassy,
      unthreatening, and more than anything else, it needs to be milquetoast
      suburban 1960's music for middleclass white people. I'm desperate.
      I'll even pay for it, if you happen to know of a library music company
      that will work with a podcaster on a very limited budget and cannot
      for the foreseeable future pay royalties.

      Thank you all so very much in advance, my potential hero's to whom I
      shall be indebted,
      Mer
      [podcast to follow]