      From: podcasters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:podcasters@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Melissa Anelli
      Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 6:20 AM
      To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [podcasters] Many faces of the PME (was: PME!!!)

      Hey guys -

      After making a little fuss about making sure to meet some of you at the
      convention I have to apologize for doing almost NONE of that. This was for
      no less of a reason than I was traveling with 13 people, 8 of whom were
      teens (ie easily bored and very whiny), for about a week prior to the
      convention and we were downright exhausted by the time Friday came along. We
      had done a live show in Westwood the night before and were basically
      sleepwalking through the exhibit hall and awards; so, if I missed you, I
      apologize and hope to meet you at the next thing. I did have a little
      fangirl attack to meet Dawn of DnD though. The podcast expo looked fun for
      those wholly absorbed in it, but I must confess for those that weren't
      committed to the culture of it, there wasn't *too* much to it; I had a great
      time with the iProng folks at their booth, and got some cool giveaways
      around the floor, but didn't necessarily learn anything about podcasting we
      didn't already know from a year doing it. We had fun at the awards because
      we were able to cheer on our own (Sue from our show accepted our award, and
      those who listen know she is easily the sweetest, most exuberant, most
      genuine person on earth and was downright THRILLED to be going up there to
      get it - so when she ran a bit over due to her downright effervesence she
      was really disheartened that Todd took that moment to remind people to keep
      their speeches short; for someone of her sensibility it was a blow to her
      excitement).

      At the end Todd asked for suggestions on next year's show, so I really have
      to say: Chairs for more than 10% of the crowd would have been really, really
      nice... also, I volunteer to copy edit your site, letters, and program,
      dude. :) I will do it for free, just to be sure the thank you letter doesn't
      essentially start, "We'd like to thank you for attending, we'd like to thank
      you for attending."

      :)

      Melissa
      PotterCast.com