23159Re: [podcasters] PME II!!!

  • Tee Morris
    Oct 2, 2006
      On Oct 2, 2006, at 8:58 AM, George L Smyth wrote:

      > ...but nearly everything I've heard so far about PME has concerned
      > contests based upon who could drink the most. I did that back in
      > college, and it's been long enough ago to become something that
      > just doesn't interest me.
      >
      > I know that PME is not all about drinking, so I'm hoping that
      > someone who did more than that can offer their positive (or
      > negative) experiences outside of that area. Podcastercon 2006
      > (which unfortunately may not happen until Fall 2007) was an
      > excellent opportunity for networking and learning, and that's where
      > my personal interest lies.

      Then you really should come out for PME in 2007, George.

      Yes, you're hearing all the wild stories of what happened after hours
      (and admittedly, that's where the really interesting stories come
      from...) but the keynotes and featured guests, the new products
      coming out, and the free seminars on Audacity, Adobe Audition, and
      other software packages were all invaluable to me as a podcaster. And
      then there was the networking. I must have contacted hundreds of
      podcasters, vendors, and services that will only help me in this media.

      You're hearing about us playing hard. That's because during the day
      we were working even harder. Don't judge an expo by its cover but by
      what it offers OFFICIALLY.

      The unofficial stuff...well, that's just the body paint on the hot
      model....er, I mean, cherry on the sundae. ;^)

      Enjoy the Ride,

      Tee Morris
      co-author, PODCASTING FOR DUMMIES
      ----------------------------

      The Survival Guide to Writing Fantasy
      A podcast of strategies, ideas, and insights
      FINALIST FOR THE 2006 PARSEC AWARD FOR BEST WRITING PODCAST

      Subscribe to this podcast at http://www.teemorris.com/blog

      MOREVI: The Chronicles of Rafe & Askana
      An epic fantasy from Tee Morris & Lisa Lee
      FINALIST FOR THE 2006 PARSEC AWARD FOR BEST SPECULATIVE FICTION (LONG
      FORM) PODCAST

      Subscribe to this podcast at http://www.podiobooks.com
      PodioBooks.com -- Telling the World a Story, One Podcast at a Time
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic