23144Re: [podcasters] Re: PME II!!!

  • Tee Morris
    Oct 2, 2006
      On Oct 1, 2006, at 9:21 PM, michael wrote:

      > Usual tech convention "wave of the future" marketing mumbo jumbo
      > you'd expect.

      As one of the speakers, thanks for the glowing endorsement concerning
      my mumbo jumbo talk.

      Sorry if I sound snippy, but I'm all out of whack time zone wise, but
      the keynotes from Leo Laporte and Ron Moore along with many of the
      presentations were put together with a lot of hard work, research,
      and heart. Reducing it to "mumbo jumbo" really isn't fair. I've been
      podcasting for over a year, co-wrote Podcasting for Dummies, and I
      learned a lot about people, practices, and podcasting in the
      weekend. It was a tremendous experience!

      On the Expo Floor, yeah, everyone was pitching something, but there
      was some really cool live recording. Props to the LA Podcasters for
      having a dynamic booth. I loved the look of their booth. Bias (of
      Peak and Sound soap) had a terrific demo booth as well.

      I'm still processing it all while sorting out notes for the class I'm
      teaching tonight on podcasting. It was a real joy and delight
      meeting everyone, and collecting LOTS and LOTS of business cards.
      Got a lot of catching up to do.

      Enjoy the Ride,

      Tee Morris
      co-author, PODCASTING FOR DUMMIES
      ----------------------------

      The Survival Guide to Writing Fantasy
      A podcast of strategies, ideas, and insights
      FINALIST FOR THE 2006 PARSEC AWARD FOR BEST WRITING PODCAST

      Subscribe to this podcast at http://www.teemorris.com/blog

      MOREVI: The Chronicles of Rafe & Askana
      An epic fantasy from Tee Morris & Lisa Lee
      FINALIST FOR THE 2006 PARSEC AWARD FOR BEST SPECULATIVE FICTION (LONG
      FORM) PODCAST

      Subscribe to this podcast at http://www.podiobooks.com
      PodioBooks.com -- Telling the World a Story, One Podcast at a Time
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic